Multiple valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you certain;y have been through a loat and I wish you all the best in your upcoming surgery.
Two years ago, I had both the aortic and mitral valves replaced with mechanical valves and I feel great! I am 54 years old and it took a few months for me to get back to "normal", but I am so glad to have it in the past. I go to my cardiologist in another week after a year's reprieve, but I don't anticipate any surprises. I've been steady in my coumadin dose and I have other non-heart related ailments, but overall I feel good.
Iwish you a sucessful surgery and a quick recovery.
Marcie

Welcome

Welcome

Hey Dan and Aja. I don't know about multi surg's but this place is a PLETHERA of information. (Got that word from the 3 amigos) Aja, I too will be in on July 9. We can pull each other over the MOUNTAIN and keep a rope on Dan.
See you at base camp.:D
SHEEPDOG:eek:

I am in Australia and my operation is on the 11th of July. I have done some reading of late and it seems the valve replacement ops are becoming more common practice nowadays. Just need someone in the know to tell me I can do this. I'm pretty strong willed so will fight this regardless.

Sir Dan,

When your wellness, if not your life, is at stake, I hope we all would fight for it!

Good luck on yours. I'll be following you in four days.

Dan,
Sorry I'm late to this thread. I just had double heart valve replacement back in February. I had the Ross procedure. I think the difference between mine and yours is that I used my own pulmonary valve for my aortic valve replacement. The surgery is more complicated...so as Al said...get a VERY experienced surgeon that has done MANY double valve replacements. If you get a good surgeon, you should be fine. There are many of us on here that have had double heart valve replacements and are doing great. In fact, I'm on vacation in Florida right now (5 months post op)...playing golf, body surfing in the ocean, lifting weights, etc. Do lots of research to find a GREAT surgeon. I usually recommend talking to Dr. Stelzer in NY, NY and Dr. Ryan in Dallas, TX. I know you are in Australia, but both would be great surgeons to talk to...they've done lots of double heart valve replacements (Dr. Ryan did mine).

I wish you the best and I hope I'm not too late to the thread.

Take care!

Sir Dan,

I am late reading this thread. Don't have any experience with multiple surgeries but wanted to offer my very best wishes.

As Al Capshaw suggested, if you could provide a few more details as to why you have had to have so many heart surgeries, some of the well-informed folks here might have some additional insights to pass along.

Hoping for all the best for you. Will be sending my best thoughts/vibes/prayers.

Latest posts

Back