Meter 'Trick' -- CoaguChek XS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protimenow

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This is something that you may already know, but I just 'discovered' it and want to share it.

I don't think the CoaguChek XS covers this.

Many of you will know that I've been testing with a few different meters -- InRatio 2 (and sometimes the original InRatio), CoaguChek XS, Coag-Sense and occasionally the ProTime 3.

I've posted the results, but been frustrated by the apparent inability to get prothrombin times from my CoaguChek XS meter. I assumed that the meter didn't record these. I was wrong.

When you go into the memory display, it will show INR, Prothrombin time (in seconds) or %Q (whatever that is). In order to scroll through the three numbers, press the 'Set' button on the left side of the meter. I just discovered this, almost by accident, and the information might be helpful for comparing to my other meter results.

If you know of any other 'tricks' for your meters, I'd certainly like to learn about them.

I've posted the results, but been frustrated by the apparent inability to get prothrombin times from my CoaguChek XS meter. ...

When you go into the memory display, it will show INR, Prothrombin time (in seconds) or %Q (whatever that is). In order to scroll through the three numbers, press the 'Set' button on the left side of the meter. I just discovered this, almost by accident, and the information might be helpful for comparing to my other meter results.

If you know of any other 'tricks' for your meters, I'd certainly like to learn about them.

there is the ability to download the data from the XS via IR, but I am yet unable to break into it with my laptop.

I guess you discovered that you can scroll through the previous measurements too?

Pellicle -- yes, I scrolled through the memory on my meter and updated my INRDIARY spreadsheet.

Freddie - no I didn't get to my manual to see this, but I'm not surprised if it was documented.

Pellicle -- it's my understanding that only the Pro versions of the meter support the Infrared data transfer. The 'consumer' version isn't as capable as the other models.

Latest posts

Back