Made my choice

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your dad eps. There's a wonderful generation of men that come before us, who are cantankerous, argumentative and enjoy baiting people. i think Pellicle is correct in saying a lot of it is generational. Making too much noise was considered embarrassing, so people remained respectfully quiet, even when distressed.

Titan, Neils point is an important one ...
neil;n855953 said:
... youve made your choice dont look back

never look back ... hell every time I buy a new thing (lens, or other gear for outdoor) I'm afraid to even look at the shops cos I just know I'll see something which will transport me back to "buyer mode" again. With this "purchase" there is no need to revisit all that again. It will yeild nothing positive.

Be happy ... its the best path to a longer life

Hi
Agian;n855950 said:
...There's a wonderful generation of men that come before us, who are cantankerous, argumentative and enjoy baiting people.

my grandfather was a sheep property man ... tough and gnarly ... loved a good laugh ... especially if you'd fallen into one of his "... no really? They did that" traps.

.. Making too much noise was considered embarrassing, so people remained respectfully quiet, even when distressed.

perhaps its only me, but I think that the best way lies somewhere between the two points ... but that pendulum keeps swinging left and right. I wonder when it'll swing back the other way again (and what will cause that)? Being too stoic can lead to the events where "dad gets drunk and bashes the family" ... equally too much noise is not right.

Also Agian, its worth keeping in mind that this is a place where people come to express themselves in ways that they may never do in life with their friends. I try to recognise that but often fail.

Anyway, back to that pendulum ... the younger millenials I work with can be surprisingly wise.

Best Wishes

No looking back, I fully understand the advantages and disadvantages of my decision, have explained it to my family, and am certain it is right for me. My surgeon agreed after my decision was made so even better. Finished all of my tests today so should get a date next week.

Hi

epstns;n855945 said:
...At the time of my diagnosis and all, I had a lovely wife and a daughter in her mid-teen years. I had another "Oh, crap!" moment when I thought that I did not want to leave either of them without me (might have been just a bit selfish, but that's my honest feelings).

Steve, just so's you know (which you probably do), being selfish as mentioned above is not being selfish, its being smart and caring. Now not sharing the brandy you have stashed in your pack on a hike / hunt in the evenings when your mate breaks their bottle (never bring glass) ... now that's just how you find out who your mates really are.

(and no, I never pack glass)

Ahhh, yes - I have a stainless steel "carry-about" bottle that goes with me on trips. It seals well, and is impervious to all except bullets. If a bullet hits where that tin is carried, all other bets are meaningless.

So sad to lose good whiskey.

Congratulations on making your decision, it's a tough one to make, isn't it? My surgeon recommended mechanical for me at age 42, but said he would do whatever I wanted. He also said if I were 8 years older he would be torn on his recommendation - 50/50 for mech/tissue. Don't let anyone sway you from your decision except your surgeon!

Latest posts

Back