machine differences

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA Pigg

I've been quiet for awhile, just kind of had the blues! Hoping it will pass soon!!! I tested myself this morning on my iratio2 and was 3.1 then went to test at clinic they use the coguacheck it was 3.9. I know each machine is a little different but this much??? Because I was up from 3.7 last week to 3.9 she has changed me to 2mg 3 times a week and 4 mg the rest. I was on 2mg 2 times a week and 4 mg the rest. What has anyone experienced on different inr tests with different machines???? THANK YOU!!!

Don't be worried at all.
Your 2 tests were not taken at the same time, and were not taken on the same machine.
Maybe for your next test at the clinic you could bring your own machine along and run a parallel test.
The results still aren't guaranteed to be identical, but should be quite close.
The acceptable machine variations are .2

Yes, take yours and test at the same time. Be sure you have the right strip code entered too. INR changes from minute to minute, hour to hour. It's seldom that you could even test twice back to back with your own meter and get the same result. It happens, but not often.

I've been quiet for awhile, just kind of had the blues! Hoping it will pass soon!!! I tested myself this morning on my iratio2 and was 3.1 then went to test at clinic they use the coguacheck it was 3.9. I know each machine is a little different but this much??? Because I was up from 3.7 last week to 3.9 she has changed me to 2mg 3 times a week and 4 mg the rest. I was on 2mg 2 times a week and 4 mg the rest. What has anyone experienced on different inr tests with different machines???? THANK YOU!!!

There are endless debates about Finger Testing vs. Lab Testing and Variations between any and all combinations. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be ANY "Gold Standard". INR testing is Way Better than the old Prothrombin Testing (pre 1990) but it still is Not Perfect.

That's why many of us are happy with any result that is between 2.0 and 4.0 (which is generally considered to be within the Safe Region).

FWIW, whenever I get numbers like yours (say 3.9),
my CRNP's and I always have this 'discussion' that starts out with "should we change by 1 mg or 2 mg this week?" and ends with "what day do you want to come back?"

Sorry to hear you had a spell of "the blues".
Did you try walking until tired, then taking a Nap?
Exercise and Naps usually help... and a LOT of Patience.

Recovery just never seems to go as fast as we would like.
The Good News is the You WILL Get There
(but you will wish it went faster :)

Don't worry about your INR.... It's "Good Enough".

(Another VR.com saying is "INR=It's Never Right" :)

'AL Capshaw'

3.7 and 3.9 = .2 difference ......................

3.7 and 3.9 = .2 difference ......................

Yes, Bina, you're absolutely correct. silly of me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back