Lucky 7

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnycake23

Two-time AVR Vet
Hello all, just wanted to announce that today marks my 7th year with my new bovine aortic valve. Here's a quick update following latest cardio checkups. Valve sounds good, and arrhythmia (maybe related to valve, maybe not) is in check thanks to meds. So I got a new 6-month lease on life, which, as anyone who's gone through this knows, is how we live our lives.

My blood work showed an elevated high triglyceride count, but that is due to my weakness for chocolate, which, incidentally, is not doing my waistline any favors either. Gotta cut back on those. I'll make that my 2015 resolution.

Thanks to all those who take the time to read, listen, encourage, and inspire other members in this community. Your work is so important and helpful.

Until next time................

Great news! Hope for many more "6 months" for you.

You definitely can get those triglycerides down. After improving my eating and losing 35 lbs mine plunged from over 200 to 47. Good luck in 2015!

Thanks for that tip on bringing down triglycerides, dornole. Very encouraging. Now it's just up to me.

Another thing that can dramatically reduce triglycerides is exercise. My wife claims she can tell how many gym days she's missed by looking at her triglyceride level.

Regardless, congratulations on number 7. May you have many more!

Congratulations on your 7 years! My triglycerides spiked once on the annual checkup and then went back into range. Who knows what goes on in the lab? Making healthy lifestyle changes is never a bad idea, though. Best wishes for more years with that valve.

Thanks for your replies, gang. The triglycerides count is the one thing I do have control over. The valve is another story. May it hold up for good long while.

Again, thank you.

Latest posts

Back