Lp(a) of 390 nmol/L!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nocturne;n877035 said:
The term "muppets" you are using is not in popular usage here in the USA, at least not outside of banking circles. I'm not entirely sure of the meaning you are trying to convey myself, although I get the gist of it.
So only bankers are familiar with muppets? Interesting.

Nocturne;n877036 said:
What the godless people in your country do not understand, Agian, and what Americans understand COMPLETELY, is the Power of Prayer. Treatments are, in fact, a swat to the face of the LORD. God is Great, God is Good, and God is what makes 'Murrica STRONG! You can KEEP your fancy egghead godless SCIENCE "treatments" (AKA sinful perversions that waste the hard-earned money of the insurance companies) -- *I* will have all the protection of PRAYER! And THAT is REAL prevention -- just wait and see!
I give credit where credit is due. You seriously had me going there for a while. That was good :)

We know what the Muppets are, of course, but the use of the word to mean "a stupid person" is not widely known here.

I've heard Muppets used in that way occasionally. Interesting, first you have to have a heart attack in order to get the treatment to prevent a heart attack?

No, cldhd, it's an experimental drug and the doc was not sure if their subject criteria included having had a heart attack or not, or if my high CAC score would enable to to qualify despite not having had a heart attack. I think they are looking for test subjects with high Lp(a) and known coronary artery disease. Slowing down the progression of CAVS is not even on their radar yet -- but the drug may well do that. My guess is we'll know for sure that it does and it'll be made policy to use it to do so right after I come home from my AVR surgery.

Nocturne;n877055 said:
No, cldhd, it's an experimental drug and the doc was not sure if their subject criteria included having had a heart attack or not, or if my high CAC score would enable to to qualify despite not having had a heart attack. I think they are looking for test subjects with high Lp(a) and known coronary artery disease. Slowing down the progression of CAVS is not even on their radar yet -- but the drug may well do that. My guess is we'll know for sure that it does and it'll be made policy to use it to do so right after I come home from my AVR surgery.

Well let's hope beforehand. Sarcasm might help you keep your edge.

Latest posts

Back