Let's hear it for the oral surgeon!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine susan

I had been sweating oral surgery for 3-4 years now to have a troublesome wisdom tooth removed. Went to an oral surgeon about 3 years ago who told me I would need to be hospitalized, put on bridge therapy, stay until my INR was back in sync. Ergo, I endured the tooth because that sounded horrible plus my insurance didn't cover wisdom tooth removal. Then had a toothache event about a month ago which really laid me out. I went to a different oral surgeon for consultation. He was Harvard educated with 20 years experience and very mild-mannered/professional. No hospital was needed, I didn't need to come off the coumadin (took it down a tad is all), was done in his office and home within a couple of hours....2 weeks later, like it never happened....I feel great! What a relief! It is over!! Moral of the story...don't let doctors get you down. Find the right one for whatever procedure you are entertaining or need. You don't need to come off coumadin for oral surgery as a general practice. Just thought I would share! Susan:cool:

Wished mine would have listened. I ended up going to the ER twice in one week for a serious bleed because of Lovenox.

That's great, it's hard to find a dr. who will do that and you're lucky you did! Thanks for sharing, also great advice on finding the right dr., it makes a world of difference.

I will also be having a wisdom tooth out shortly and the dental surgeon says as far as he is concerned he will be able to take it out with me fully anticoagulated (3.0 to 4.0) and pack it then stitch it. He has, however, written to my cardiologist to see if he has any preferences as to what happens to me, I will be finding out soon as to what will be happening.

sue943,

Have you heard from your cardiologist?

I may have to have a tooth pulled and for sure don't want to come off warfarin.

I found out recently while getting my teeth cleaned that I have a problem with an old root canal. I had no pain but for several months had felt something like a little bump on my gum. It would go away in a day or so. My Dentist sent me to a Endodontists. He drilled through the cap and the terrible odor hit me. He spent almost 3 hours cleaning out the root canals. He filled them twice with antibiotics, soaked and flushed. After all that he only charged $125, for he wasn't sure I wouldn't still lose the tooth. He said the charge would be more if he saved the tooth. He said it may require cleaning the roots again and even then lose the tooth.

I've been on 1500 mg of Cephalexin a day for 10 days but the tooth is still bothering me. I'll be calling him tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back