Let the Weight Loss begin!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeB

I am starting my official diet on Monday. I have started many and most of them ended in disaster but this time around I am serious. The main reason is that I am starting to feel the effects of unhealthy eating habits. About 5 years ago I was at 299 lbs, and I started doing weight watchers and being more active. I lost a total of 45 lbs in 06 and I was at my lowest weight since I was in my teens. However since then, came children and alot more stress in my life. I have tried multiple times to lose weight again but failed miserably. So I am ready to begin this new chapter in my life, not just to lose weight but also to feel better. I will probably do updates once or twice a month, so stay tuned...

Good luck!

Good luck!

I know how you feel Mike. While I have never been more than 30 pounds overweight, I know how hard it is to lose it.

Contrary to what most people believe, and I will probably get slammed for this but I have lost weight doing Atkins and keep it off. I lowered my cholesterol and knocked my pesky triglycerides down by 23 points.

I believe that white sugar, empty starches is what causes 90 percent of our modern day diseases. I don't eat white sugar, bread, potatoes or rice. It's hard but once you don't do it for awhile, you just don't miss it.

Fortunately, the rest of the medical community is beginning to see this fact. Most of us gained our weight in the 80's during the "low fat" phase when EVERYTHING went low fat. Fat wasn't the problem but in order to "fill" lower fat foods, the sugar content went up. Hence, America became more obese than ever before.

Deux

Good luck, Mike. I know how you feel. Come on down and join us in the Throwdowns forum. We are bunch of die hard throwdowners trying to eat healthy and lose weight.

Mike, many of us struggle with losing weight and maintaining what we have lost. I have always had an issue with it and I guess I always will. We all know that maintaining a healthy weight is crucial for heart patients.

I would also like to invite you to join our weekly weight loss group in the Throwdown forum. We are a supportive group and have fun encouraging each other with a little ribbing (ribs, yum-mo:biggrin2:) ... There are really no rules and you can report your weight, losses, gains, etc. however you feel comfortable.

Hope to see you on the Throwdown:thumbup:

Good luck, Mike. Are you doing Weight Watchers again? I'm started it on Friday and like the new Points Plus plan very much. No calorie counting and unlimited fruits and veggies.

I sort of still follow the guidelines as far as points, but I'm not that strict with it, I pretty much just tend to eat the healthier foods and correct proportion size at meals.

I will check out the throwdown forum...

Latest posts

Back