late for 6 month checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booger1286

im about a month past due for my six month checkup because i have no med insurance. i am still worried about surgery and death and even more so now without ins. should i worry about where and who does my surgery? if so is there anyone worth considering here in east tn or should i plan elsewhere.

im about a month past due for my six month checkup because i have no med insurance. i am still worried about surgery and death and even more so now without ins. should i worry about where and who does my surgery? if so is there anyone worth considering here in east tn or should i plan elsewhere.

Last year I had no insurance and went to the general hospital in L.A. on the West coast. At that point I was convinced I needed surgery. They ran 2 echos on me and said my valve was nowhere near surgery time and my symptoms were probably from anxiety. Got a new job with insurance and 10 months later I'm off of work on disability to get the surgery done within a month.

Point I'm trying to make is its important to pick and choose if you can but its a luxury, BUT if you need surgery ASAP its life and death and anyone will work.

If you are willing to drive to GA, I can give you some names. Look up Dr. Alan Wolfe. He is in North GA, I think. He uses the on-x valve also. I would pick up a job at Walmart or anyplace just to get the insurance. Then go get an echo. If you aren't having any symptoms then you should be fine going a month or two over due. Just make it a priority. I am a month overdue just because I don't want to hear the news. I made my appt yesterday for later in July. Good luck, Scott

Back