Just received the Tawdry Shirt today!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jkn2kids

Kevin is still in the hospital, but expected home within 2 days. I was so happy to received the coveted Tawdry Shirt in our mailbox today. I LOVE the pictures and had a nice laugh. It's so good to see your smiles. I was surprised how overwhelmed I felt when I touched the (hideous) shirt. Suddenly, the emotions of these last 9 days / 3 years hit me. I'm moved by the support you offer each other by being both so brave and so vulnerable. I'm so proud of Kevin. I can't wait to place my hand on his scar, his brand new badge of honor and courage. It's a reminder of how lucky we are.... lucky we found out he had a problem and lucky that there are doctors who can fix these problems and lucky to have such nice people to send you ugly shirts. I cannot wait to send you a picture of my wonderful, handsome, brave husband in the Tawdry shirt: the newest member of your noble (and poorly dressed) club!;)
Janene

I hope he's practicing his best John Travolta pose!!!! We look forward to his Tawdry photo. :D Sending you both my best wishes.

Thank you Janene. It is a silly yet truely meaningful connection that we can make with each other outside of cyberspace. I felt the same way receiving it.

We look forward to Kevin's triumphant return home and subsequent post as "Sir Kevin".

Take care, wishing you & Kevin all the best.

Ruth

Janene, that's the best post yet about just what the tawdry shirt "means". Glad you had a chance to have a good "cry" in private it isn't easy being the supportive wife and mother all through this and you are doing a great job. Looking forward to hearing he is home and seeing Kevin's picture

As much as this site means to people, having something physical solidifies the connection. This is why reunions, mini-reunions, lunches and other meetings between members are so very precious. The Tawdry Shirt has added another physical contact for our members.

Thanks for your great post and we look so forward to Kevin's photo. You are a wonderful support for your husband.

That's exactly how I felt. Suddenly I didn't feel so alone in what I was dealing with, knowing others had preceeded me. I wish Kevin all the best in his recovery.

Latest posts

Back