Joining Steve in the Waiting Room!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Wanda ~ I'm glad you got to stay in the waiting room. Mind if i join you too? I'm beginning to think i'm going to be stuck in the waiting room in limbo forever. I'd like to have a Chocolate Raspberry Latte please or a Kahlua with Cream (i am a one drink every several years type of person, but lately, with all i've been going through, am ready to have a drink to calm down, lol). Dawn-Marie

Hi Wanda ~ I'm glad you got to stay in the waiting room. Mind if i join you too? I'm beginning to think i'm going to be stuck in the waiting room in limbo forever. I'd like to have a Chocolate Raspberry Latte please or a Kahlua with Cream (i am a one drink every several years type of person, but lately, with all i've been going through, am ready to have a drink to calm down, lol). Dawn-Marie

You certainly deserve a drink. Have both while you're at it.

UIHCCHI - Haven't seen you post before, so welcome! Just wondering about your background. You are obviously very knowledgeable and I was wondering if you are in healthcare, or is this just self taught?

Anyway, as far as symptoms showing when it's time for surgery, that's not necessarily true. I wasn't having strong symptoms because my heart had 22 years to adjust, but it was definitely time for surgery. Ten years ago, most people who had valve replacement were quite symptomatic. Even thought I wasn't, I convinced my doctor that I was ready because mentally, I was very tired of waiting, not knowing from one appointment to the next what I would hear. He agreed to do a cath. After the cath, there was no question. He said that most hearts that looked like mine were found in dead people. It still wasn't an emergency, because as I said, my heart had compensated, but there was certainly no good reason to wait.

I would recommend a 2nd opinion, to make yourself feel better, if nothing else.

One thing I love about this site --besides the support, the jokes and the different personalities involved (no names)-- is the educational value. I am in the same boat as Ottawagal. My doctor estimated surgery in 5 years last fall and in a followup this spring it jumped to surgery within the next couple of years. My emotional response was terrible for about 6 months -- fear of sudden death, was I getting symptoms etc etc. but through reading through posts like these I have learned so much and now I am practically serene...
Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience,

Latest posts

Back