JOB STRESS and INR...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeelover

Hello Valvers,
Just wondering does anyone know if job related stress can effect INR/anticoagulation management?... Four out of the last seven INR checks have been out of my normal range so my MD has had to adjust my warfarin dose four times to get me back in range. This is not normal for me.

I am four years post AVR, so not new to warfarin. And I am normally in range and have been since starting warfarin in 2012. BUT, I have a LOT more job stress the last 6 months. And now the INRs are wacky....Nothing else has changed. Diet same, exercise same. Any suggestions or comments. I have thought about getting a different job because of the job stress. Thanks for your input!

Hi

I've seen periods where my INR has gone lower which I suspect is a result of things such as stress. The answer is always "measure weekly and make small adjustments as needed to respond to trends".

Just this week my INR was trending high probably because i have been in "kick back holiday mode" and i have shed 0.5mg daily from my dose to get it back below 3

I maintain detailed records, which helps to see trends :)

Happy New Year.

Good Morning :)

Just wondering, do you self test?

Do you record your dose and INR?

Something that came out of me self testing was that unlike when I was under a clinic I (had to) document both. As a result i have years of weekly records. The benefit of this effort (people whinge that self testing is a bother) is that I have immediate access to information and good knowledge of what i am doing.

This brings a level of confidence which dispels fear and uncertainty. Money can't buy me that.

I have to agree completely with Pellicle. I have been on warfarin the same amount of time you have, and I have a record of every INR test since my first test. I also self test, with everything paid out of pocket, and it really is not a big deal.

Latest posts

Back