It finally happened

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taysgrama

Well, I knew it was coming but even though I expected it, it was a shock and made me feel horrible. I got the axe today. They laid me off and now I get to look for work and deal with my health issues all at the same time. I know there are others here who have lost their jobs or had their hours cut and I have felt so bad for them. Kinda hard to believe I am now one of them. Thank goodness my DH works and his company pays for our insurance benefits so that is one less thing I have to worry about.

We will be fine since I really have not been working alot since my OHS in May, 2008 but I really did like the money I did make!!!!

Dang, these are tough times for sure. Sorry to hear about your lay off, but glad your in good financial shape. Best wishes.

Sorry to hear the news. I've been there. I was given 90 days notice the axe was coming but still, on the day I finally got the formal letter, I felt horrible. I'm glad to hear you'll be fine. These days you hear a of awful situation. Still, I hope something comes along soon, and that it is even better than the job you had.

Well, I knew it was coming but even though I expected it, it was a shock and made me feel horrible. I got the axe today. They laid me off and now I get to look for work and deal with my health issues all at the same time. I know there are others here who have lost their jobs or had their hours cut and I have felt so bad for them. Kinda hard to believe I am now one of them. Thank goodness my DH works and his company pays for our insurance benefits so that is one less thing I have to worry about.

We will be fine since I really have not been working alot since my OHS in May, 2008 but I really did like the money I did make!!!!

My daughter got the axe at her job 1 day after she had worked her butt of to help the CPA firm meet the April 15th tax deadline (jerks). Anyway, I will say the same thing to you that I said to her "Whenever one door closes, God will open a window". I know right now you feel crappy, but hopefully there is a job out there waiting for you that will be doubly better than the one you just left. God's Blessings are coming your way:)

If I remember rightly, they had not been treating you very well, and it is probably a good thing that you got laid off. It seems to me you were feeling guilty about not going to work through your illnesses, and at the same time guilty about working when you were really needing to stay home and recuperate. Well, they just made the decision for you; it is good that your DH is working, and getting the insurance benefits, that you need. I don't know if you guys have employment insurance down there, but if you do, that should help in the immediate future.

If at all possible, try to COBRA any benefits you have, and don't let go of your isurance. It will be very difficult to get coverage again.

This is a terrible time to be out of work. I wish you good fortune in finding something new.

Best wishes,

People think I'm kidding when I say that before this is all said and done, everyone is going to be affected. Unless your a friggin millionare with a silver spoon in your mouth, your not going to escape it.

I'm sorry it happened to you too and to many others including ourselves, but as I see it, it's going to get much worse. It's just a matter of time.

I agree Ross that it is a matter of time before people who think they are safe will get hit too. It is going to get a TON worse before it gets better.

In regards to the health insurance, my husband has that through his job (and the company he works for actually pays the ENTIRE premium for the ENTIRE family not just the employee) so there will be no lose of benefits for me. I did not have any insurance at my job. It was not offered because there was only 4 of us there. It would have been too expensive for us if they did offer it.

And yes, you are right. They were treating me like crap there. I was feeling really guilty since I have not been the greatest employee since OHS last year. I went back to work on July 22 and actually worked part time (20 hours per week) until my ankle got broken on Valentine's Day this year. Then I was off for 6 weeks and went back to work for 2 weeks before I ended up in the hospital again with my heart. I have only been back to work this time since last Tuesday.

Thank goodness I will get unemployment since they laid me off. Of course, now my DH is just telling me to collect that until the economy gets better. I don't see the housing market getting much better anytime soon though. Thanks for all the good wishes. I agree that when one door closes God opens a window! Hopefully, something a ton better will come along!

The banks have credit butt lock, the major manufacturers are going bankrupt, banks are failing, other countries are walking away from us, what does this all equal?

I know, no political crap, but I mean how dense is everyone in this country?

Sorry, it just touches a nerve, that I'm sure is now touching you, Rich and many others that perhaps haven't been yet.

Sorry to hear the news, but maybe it will be a 'blessing in disguise' for you. The place was causing you a lot of stress anyway. Better to get laid off than outright quit - at least you should be eligible for unemployment. Best of luck.

Oh my...so sorry to hear this Diana.
I'm glad you won't lose any benefits, though - and that you'll be able to collect unemployment. Hopefully that will take some of the stress off.

I definitely worry about my job, being up here in the Oil Province when the economy is in the s*itter, and working for the Oil & Gas Industry. No one is safe, and I'm trying to be mindful of that all of the time.

Thinking of you and your husband!

Diana,

Very sorry you lost your job.

My brother-in-law just lost his job recently, too. Not good.... :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You better not try to stand in my way" ... J Paycheck ... 'Take This Job & Shove It'

Thanks for all the good wishes.....I just hate the unemployment system.....have to apply for it and then wait....I had 11 hours that I would be paid for, so was not worried about getting unemployment for the first week, then the government makes you have a waiting week, so that means 2 weeks, no pay since the hours that were due me from work would not get paid to me until the 15th of June. I have received my unemployment approval, so at least I know I will be getting it, but just gotten wait at least another week. I hate the waiting part. I still have not received anything from SSI Disability. I know it takes forever. The worker did call me and tell me that they had all the paperwork from my doctors but since I have started seeing CCF, he wants to wait to receive the test results from them. We shall see, but I expect to get turned down the first time and I will have to get an attorney.

Diana,
Yes! get an attorney. Fight those buggers for everything that is due you. When my mom got to the point that she couldn't work any longer due to CHF I fought them tooth and nail and finally was able to get SSI for her. I will pray that all goes well for you.:)

Diana, sorry about your job. My ex son-in-law has been laid off for a month now. He works for the same company my husband works for,housing industry. I work for the county government and they met today to discuss 2 day a month furloughs for all employees. I am retiring in July 2010 so if they do this I will go ahead and retire this year. Our retirement is based on our highest 36 months pay and a 2 day a month furlough would cut my retirement anyway.

So sorry to hear that you were laid off Diana but perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. And yes, thank God that your husband is still employed & you have insurance coverage!

Perhaps now, you can find things you could do from the house or a little part-time job that you enjoy.

Best of luck to you & stay well! :)

Latest posts

Back