Interesting phone deal

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protimenow

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I've been using Tracfone for a few years - it uses the Verizon network. The service has been good - I can't remember calls failing.

I am now paying $20 a month for unlimited calls and text and 2 GB of data that rolls over each month.

I found a deal on HSN for a Blu (that's the brand name) phone - 5G, 6.5", satisfactory (not stellar, but more than adequate) specs - for $79.99. What's most interesting about this particular phone is that it comes with one year of unlimited talk and text, plus 24GB of data - for only $79.99 -- the one year of unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB data (if you pay
every month ) would be $240 - or they'll sell you a deal for $199.99. If the phone meets your needs, it's a great deal.

The item # is 867-907. They even give you a choice of backs and flex pay (it can cost as little as $16 a month).

One more thing -- I'm part of a Refer a Friend program -- if you activate the phone and join the rewards program, they'll give you some rewards points -- if you tell them that I referred you - my referral code is TMPV-E26B - I'll also get some points (and I hope to get enough points to qualify me for a free years' service.

I haven't tried the phone yet (it's still on the way - it'll be my backup phone - and my only Android phone) - but this may be a good option if you've got kids who want a phone, or need a new phone, or are sick of your current carrier (I wish I can convince my wife to drop AT&T).

I don't work for Tracfone or HSN and get nothing for posting this (other than rewards points if you use my referral code).

If you have any questions, send me a private message.

That’s super inexpensive. I’m paying a bunch for AT&T.
Here’s a fun story: our wind symphony performed a concert last year to a full house. The maestro had attended a concert where a presentation was available on the audience’s cell phones, so our group did that. Well, some of the audience had cheap plans and they couldn’t see the presentation. No problem for the ATT folks. So our conductor had to tell those that couldn’t connect to just enjoy the music, which was fine because we musicians couldn’t see the presentation, so the audience members weren’t alone. But, we haven’t done that since!

That’s super inexpensive. I’m paying a bunch for AT&T.
Here’s a fun story: our wind symphony performed a concert last year to a full house. The maestro had attended a concert where a presentation was available on the audience’s cell phones, so our group did that. Well, some of the audience had cheap plans and they couldn’t see the presentation. No problem for the ATT folks. So our conductor had to tell those that couldn’t connect to just enjoy the music, which was fine because we musicians couldn’t see the presentation, so the audience members weren’t alone. But, we haven’t done that since!
I use AT&T on a one person plan and pay $32 a month.

Wow! Where do you get that price? I’m paying $63 for mine and it’s a no frills plan but good enough for how I use the phone.

They're scalping me for about $63 for one line - with discounts.

Is yours AT&T or their pre-paid service?

AT&T has been scalping me for years - but my wife wants to keep it.

ATT. Yes, my daughter and I are both paying too much, but we get service when others with another plan don’t. I think my daughter is paying $84!

I have prepaid T-Mobile and pay $25 for unlimited talk / text and 6 G data, even though I use data for navigation and geocaching I have never run out. My young adult kids are on $15 individual plans, same service. I think that’s 3 gigs data plus unlimited talk and text. They never have an issue because they’re almost always on Wi-Fi. Hubs is still getting gouged by AT&T.

For $25, this sounds like a pretty good deal. My $20 plan with Tracfone - unlimited talk and text and 2 GB data is fine for me - I don't use a lot of data, and I can (if I want) use WiFi for calls. I've never run out of data - my streaming is usually done on other devices (or in places with access to WiFi).

Wow! Where do you get that price? I’m paying $63 for mine and it’s a no frills plan but good enough for how I use the phone.
I walked into the ATT store and asked for a cheap plan. My plan is pay in advance and more than enough data for me (2 or 4G I can't remember), I can't be an internet node for a laptop and unused data rolls over.

Back