Insurance issues??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayinSF

Hello everyone,

Was just what to expect from my insurance company after the surgery is all said and done. Has anyone had any problems?? I have an HMO w/ Pacific Care, and so far they have been great. After 10 years of visits to the doc, echos, and blood work, my out of pocket expense has been around $1000. Anything I should expect from them?? As always your responses are GREATLY appreciated.

~Ray

Aortic Stenosis
T-101 days and counting
UCSF
Dr. Scot Merrick

Hi Ray,
I am wondering the same thing. I haven't had my surgery so I'm not able to comment.

My biggest concern is charges above what my insurance will cover.. My coverage is with Healthmarket Indemnity...

As soon as I have a date, I will be making the phone calls...

Ray,

Just be sure your surgeon and hospital are approved providers with your insurance company, and that your surgery is "pre-approved" before hand. You may have a few billing glitches, but in the end everything should be taken care of.

I've got Blue Cross and have been happy so far with how they're handling all the claims. The cost of the cath and surgery is still climbing. I think most of the bills are in now, and we're up to over $200K!! Of course BC doesn't pay the providers anything close to this number.

Latest posts

Back