INR Testing Facility

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rthere

I am looking for a testing facility for my mother who has recently visited from Indian. She had an MVR done an year ago and has to get her INR level tested every 3 weeks. I have called a couple of medical centers asking if they do INR Tests or Prothrombin tests and the reception typically does not know what that means. What should I ask for ?

I bought visitor insurance for my mother, but that does not cover routine check ups. So i have to pay from the pocket for the testing. Does anyone know of a facility in San Jose, CA area where I can get this test performed for her ?

Do most medical facility have the ability to do PT Time test ?

Thanks for your responses. Its been two weeks since she visited and I need to figure out a location where the test can be performed. most facility say they can do blood work. Is that the same thing ?

This is almost entirely done by free-standing, outpatient labs, such as Quest Diagnostics. There are a dozen of them in San Jose. She'll need a doctor's order for the test.
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/index.html

Is she from India or Indiana? If Indiana, perhaps you can call her lab back there and get a copy of the lab order faxed to the local lab. If this will not work, I hope someone has another suggestion.

Thanks for the reply.

She is from India. I am calling the quest diagnostic centers but they don't seem to understand what an INR test is or a PT Time Test. I am planning to walk into one of their locations with a print out of the test description.

If worse comes to worse, call your local hospitals ER and ask them to recommend somewhere for you to go. They may well tell you to bring her to the hospital lab. I'm checking another source now. It's ridiculous that they don't know what a Protime/INR test is.

KAISER PERMANENTE COUMADIN CLINIC
Phone: (408)972-6412
260 INTERNATIONAL CIRCLE, SAN JOSE, CA 95119-1197

Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Phone: 408-885-7850
2400 moorpark, Room 118 , San Jose, CA 95128

San Jose Medical Group Anticoagulation Management
Phone: (408) 347-2117
227 N. Jackson Avenue, San Jose, CA 95116

Someone, some time ago, posted a link to a website the lists the locations of AntiCoagulation Clinics in the USA (also referred to as Coumadin Clinics) but I don't remember who or when or the link. Sorry about that.

Perhaps a Google Search for Anticoagulation Clinic or Coumadin Clinic will bring it up.

'Al Capshaw'

Someone, some time ago, posted a link to a website the lists the locations of AntiCoagulation Clinics in the USA (also referred to as Coumadin Clinics) but I don't remember who or when or the link. Sorry about that.

Perhaps a Google Search for Anticoagulation Clinic or Coumadin Clinic will bring it up.

'Al Capshaw'

Al that's what I posted from www.acforum.org

Latest posts

Back