I'm Baaaack

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimBob

(that, of course, was my best Jack Nicholson impersonation)!

Joined the Forum shortly after my AVR in 2005. Just had my 5th anniversary (valve, not wife) on July 18 - Happy Valve Day to Me - Happy Valve Day to Me -------

I have been out of touch for several years. All has been well except for the 3 stents in the LAD in November last year. Feeling good and am quite active now.

After 6 months of going to the doctor/hospital/clinic/mall kiosk/roadside stand, etc. to get my INR checked, I'd had enough and bought my own Coaguckek S (expensive - yes,) but HAPPY DAYS! The freedom is wonderful -for example, we are going to a square dance festival this weekend and I don't have to worry about getting my INR checked!!

The Coaguchek S is a great machine - absolutely no problems. However, I recently had the opportunity to purchase a new Coaduchek XS and, oh my, do I love it! :) It's small, VERY portable, uses less blood, no separate quality control needed, strips are easy to get, and NO REFRIGERATION NECESSARY FOR THE STRIPS. That's so nice. The 'XS' is definitely a generation step from the venerable 'S'.

Like I said, I've been out of touch for some time so I don't really know the current state of the anticoagulation technology except for the Coaguchek XS. I'm MORE than pleased with mine and the investment was not significant. That's from my "for-whatever-it's-worth" file.

Anyway - 5 years and 5 days post-op - life is good. I have the love and support of my 46-year mate, I have reasonably good health and the sun is shining. Can't ask for much more than that!

Welcome back. Not much has changed. Anticoagulation is still an unknown to most of the medical folks and home testing is picking up speed, as well as self management.

WELCOME BACK JimBob
trombone-emoticon.gif

Latest posts

Back