I was hospitialized for 4 four days due to "Mycardial Stunning"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosebud54

I went into the hospital Monday for what I thought was bronchitis. I do have viral bronchitis, but they decided since I just has OHS in Apr, they would check things out. Echo, two CT scans later they found out I have "Mycardial Stunning" or the the correct diagnosis non-ischemic cardiomyopathy, i.e., your heart has a reduced pumping capacity that is not due to coronary artery disease. It is unclear if this is a result of your rescent surgical procedure.

So, needless to say...I've been a little depressed about this. I'm on Lisinopril and Toprol XL to try to correct the problem. We'll see what happens.

Well, that's a fancy way of telling you you're a little bit battered and broken, isn't it? I sure hope it's temporary.

You are ALLOWED to be down in the dumps. In fact, I think it's mandatory at this stage.

I sure hope the new drugs help your recovery. Really, it's gonna take time to heal- it can't be more than 6 weeks since your surgery. Hopefully this is just another case of a bumpy recovery that will soon turn out fine. Cut yourself some slack, get lots of rest, and take your meds.

<<<Hugs>>>

"Mycardial Stunning" ... sounds like a headline for "frightened heart"....LOL!

Sorry you experienced this, and hopefully it is only temporary. Thoughts/prayers en route.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The curves around midnight aren't easy to see" __ Rosanne Cash __ 'Runaway Train'

Thanks for letting us know what is happening with you, and my hopes are that this is only a temporary setback. Let us know how everything turns out, and I am sure it will be good!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Getting over valve replacement seems to me harder sometimes than the surgery itself. As Laurie said, it's still early in your recovery, and hopefully the meds will work and the pumping capacity will only improve with the passage of time. In the meantime, we're here when you need to share.

I went to the cardo today for my 4 week update after the non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. They did an echo and my EF and heart function has improved! They upped my Toprol XL to 100mg a day and left the Lisinopril at the same level. They said it must be "Mycardial Stunning" because they have ruled out everything else and the heart improvement the last 4 weeks. So there is hope with Prayer, doctors, drugs and walking.

5 Apr 2011 at Bethesda Naval Hospital, Maryland
Two Aortic Aneurysms fixed
BAV left alone...it's working pristine

hug.gif

Rosebud, you sound like one of the longer healers. Good job! I am so pleased for you, hug from here and kudos.
I'm on my tenth week post-op and have been trying to regulate my poor stomach/ colon and still have a stomach ache and it just goes on. I went walking but it is only seven minutes (my walking loop). General and Cardio dr.s just say take milk of magnesia, but my poor intestines! Eating as healthy as I can, I'd go to a gastrointestinal Dr. But I don't want more chemicals because ouch on my intestines, if I just knew some smart organic foodie doctor so my gut could heal!
I coughed for over two months, coughing is kind of a good thing, I think; your heart function improving means you sure are doing Something right, if not alot of things. Keep up the walking, walking walking....and prayers. I will put you in my prayers too.

Latest posts

Back