I know Iv asked this before but Im desperate.........

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jacqui ~ Hope everything went well with your appointment and that you got him to listen to you and got the answers you needed to get. I agree with the others...if you didn't get him to listen to you and he dismissed your complaints, i'd definitely get a second opinion.

Best wishes, Dawn-Marie

Jacqui,i can't add much more for you accept thinking

about how it all went for you,alot of good advise on here

keep us posted and (hugs) and prayers to you.

zipper2 (DEB)

Hello again, just thought I would let you all know how things went yesterday. I probably didnt make it clear, but my appointment was in my local hospital.

In september I wore a holter monitor for 3 days, and the results were sent to the EP cardiologist I see in Dublin. He has recommended that I go into hospital for a couple of days to be started on ''flecainide''. I asked, was it to address the a.fib but was told no, the VT and SVT.

This course of treatment was suggested to me about 6 months ago but Im pretty worried about taking this particular drug, as it has a lot of proarrhythmic side effects to it, including inducing sustained VT and fatal VF, so I refused it. The EP doc told me at the time that they have to rule it in, or out before they will consider any other treatment. So I agreed to it yesterday. They said I should be able to get 'a bed' this side of Christmas.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this drug....good or bad, Id rather hear it.

THANKS AGAIN *EVERYONE*, I appreciated each and every responce. x

Jacqui -

Flecainaide has been used by some of our members.

You can find their posts by doing a "Search" on VR.com (see the Blue Line at the top of the page).

You can also find MANY links to information on flecainaide, including on specialized drug sites, by doing a Search with GOOGLE or other Internet Search Program.

Would you belive it !!!!! I got a phone call yesterday at 1.30pm saying they had a bed for me in hospital, but Sarah and Thomas are both ill (flu) and I had to turn it down as I dont have any family etc who could stand in for me here. Usually I have to wait ''forever'' for app's and things. Im shocked how fast this happened (only had my out patiets app Tuesday). Anyway, typical of my luck in life I guess....Or is it ???

I don't know about over there, but here the hospitals (at least the one I went to) can assist you with finding a temporary personal caregiver to look after the kids.

Dear Jacqui

Have you had a chance to review this AHA guideline (link below). I found it very useful once I got into my case with my cardio. From my condition (BAV) and the echo reports I was able to pinpoint my place in this guide and the recommended treatment. My cardio agreed and we moved on from there.

Turns out I'm a Class IIB BAV (page 27). I call it 2B or not 2B since I have the privilege of deciding to go on with my symptoms 6 months at a time with stress testing or chose surgery. After meeting with two other cardio's and six (embarrassed to say) surgeons this year including one at "The Clinic", all of whom said I'm ready, and would and should (of course with varying opinions on the intervention) I took my decision. On December 10 I go on the table and look forward to a life with a horizon of more than 6 months at a time.

Good luck on your decision.

http://www.acc.org/qualityandscience/clinical/guidelines/valvular/Valvularpocketguide.pdf

BAV diagnosed 15 years ago
ON-X valve scheduled Dec 10

PS. I am not a medical professional or a doctor. My comments in this forum are my own opinion and are not intended to be given as medical or professional advise.

Hey Jacqui, glad to hear they're doing something finally but I can totally understand your worries. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't aren't you? I really hope it goes ok. Keep us posted.

Lynn

Latest posts

Back