I have made it!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
On Tuesday, November 9th, I received my new St Jude's Aortic Heart Valve, in Rockford, IL at St. Anthony's Hospital. The surgery ended up going a couple hours longer due to some reworking that was needed on my aorota. I ended up have a very rough time coming out of the antestia, BP dropped to 55/36, was on the ventilator for 24 hours, ended up having to get 4 pints of blood. But, yet through it all, 8 days later, I just got home! God is so very good.

Great to here you are home and ready to start your recovery. Sorry about the hospital problems, but hopefully, there will be no more bumps in the road for you. Good Luck. Pat

Congrats chadh!

It's just wonderful to be home, and have the surgery behind you!!

Take care of yourself. Rest, eat, and don't push yourself too hard. You will recover, all in due time!

Great news! You will get better faster now that your home.The worst is behind you.Welcome to your new life!

I imagine a collective sigh of relief the surgery is over and now you are home...now to focus on balancing rest for recuperation and maintain enough momentum to get you up to your healthy speed on the 'heart road". Keep us posted how things go.

~Blue

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE ROAD SMOOTHING OUT ^^^^^^^^^^^
safetocomeoutff.gif

Congratulations Chad.. There's No Place Like Home. Don't over do it and rest. Enjoy the holidays!

Blessings to you, Vinnie

Congratulations chadh. Glad you are home and on the road to recover. You are right...God Is So Good!

Hi Chad,

Congrats! I can relate to getting home. Everyone is still telling me to take baby steps.
I think that is good advice..
Also, eat a high protein diet, especially if you lost a lot of weight.

Wishing you a full ad speedy recovery!

Rob

Latest posts

Back