I don't even know what to say

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be looking forward to pictures of "wild animals" in your neck of the woods too! I missed that thread......remember??
Yes! Start another thread on it and I'm there, Norma, although I haven't seen much wildlife this season. I think last year the wild things were moving more because of the wildfires that came through here; half of the county burned two years ago. But you have probably had some interesting wildlife sightings where you live!

One thing that has been odd this year is that we had so very many birds more than the year before (when they had died off from habitat fire destruction) until there was recently an outbreak of the West Nile Virus near us; and then a lot of our wild birds, including some nearby nested Red Tail Hawks and Owls, just suddenly seemed to disappear :( . I've been hearing some owls nearby again recently though so I'm very glad about that. And I hear a hawk out my window right now!

It's so fun to talk with you all again! Thank you all, once more, for the warm and friendly welcome!

I'll be looking forward to pictures of "wild animals" in your neck of the woods too! I missed that thread......remember??

I remember that thread...didn't Susan have a monster in her backyard??!!
Was it really a Chupacabra?

Glad to be back :) .

Oh, yes, the monster in the sideyard, Dina, the large evil-looking spotted thing with the huge claws, oozing hostility, a loose pet female monitor lizard that attacked my poor one-eyed cyclops calico :eek: . Happily those squatter-neighbors who lived next door collected their scary lizard, and their snarling pitbulls, while leaving behind literally a semi-trailer load of trash, and their enormous pig which we inherited, when they were finally evicted.

Glad to be back :) .

Oh, yes, the monster in the sideyard, Dina, the large evil-looking spotted thing with the huge claws, oozing hostility, a loose pet female monitor lizard that attacked my poor one-eyed cyclops calico :eek: . Happily those squatter-neighbors who lived next door collected their scary lizard, and their snarling pitbulls, while leaving behind literally a semi-trailer load of trash, and their enormous pig which we inherited, when they were finally evicted.

Was that like a "pot bellied piggy" or the kind you can make chicharones out of??? :p

Was that like a "pot bellied piggy" or the kind you can make chicharones out of??? :p
He had to weigh well over 300 pounds, and I'd guess he was at least three feet high at the shoulders.

The squatters had planned to fatten him up (he certainly was that) and eat him. But they would just neglect him for days at a time, with no food or water and he kept getting out and rooting up another neighbor's garden. That's when we began giving him water and offering him food and it wasn't long until I was making regular trips to the feed store for bags of pig chow. We eventually inherited him but I just didn't feel like I could eat him; he was such a nice, friendly pig who would come running and cheerfully squealing to me (because he was going to eat of course) when I would call him.

So I called all around and found a place, another local feed store, who would take him who promised he would go to a petting zoo. We had to borrow a friend's horse trailer and I ridiculously thought the pig would just follow me up into the trailer as I fed him apples. Well, I have never heard such noises as that pig made, squealing bloody murder, as three burly men eventually forced him into that trailer (I had given up and was out of apples). But he was such a good natured pig, he didn't try to bite any of us. It was quite an experience, one I'd like not to repeat. And I hope the people we took him to didn't eat him.

The new neighbors have very unsociable rescue horses in the same lot. I ignore them and they ignore me.

Back