I am Live Blogging My Surgery!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

So I posted here last month a few times, but kind of fell off with the posting. I guess I've just had a lot on my plate.

But as I draw nearer to my surgery, I find the need to talk with people who have experienced it, because no one I know understands what it is I'm going through. So I plan on being around, because having lurked and read, I see what a great community this is.

Also, I have a website for my surgery, http://www.jordansheartsucks.com. I have been blogging about it every day, taking pictures and sharing my thoughts and live tweeting pre-op stuff. I'll continue to do that in the run up to the surgery, and I'll post pictures from the surgery that the doctor will take, and blog and tweet the recovery.

I think it'll be insightful, and helpful to all of us. If you'd be so kind, take a look!

http://www.jordansheartsucks.com

ThirdTimesACharm,
Great to have you back on 'board'. Yes, this is most definitely the place where everyone 'gets it'. Did check out your blog!

Thanks for the warm welcome, again, everyone.

I'll keep the blog going, and you keep reading.

Out of curiosity, for those of you that are avid bikers or runners, how long did it take you to get back to it? That's one of my biggest concerns, which may be stupid, but at 23, I am stupid!

Hey Jordan, Just checked out your blog....love it! I will keep watching and reading it leading up to your surgery and checking in after when you pick it up again.

Lori

thanks everyone. definitely keep up with it.

to be honest, i know so little of the science compared to all of you. i've had this since birth, so i've just kinda grown up with it and said yes to whatever it is they said i had to do (although, not without some grumbling!).

do you guys know of any other sites like mine that i might be able to learn from, communicate with and link to? i'm interested in knowing who else is doing this (aside from this awesome community, of course)

thanks everyone. definitely keep up with it.

to be honest, i know so little of the science compared to all of you. i've had this since birth, so i've just kinda grown up with it and said yes to whatever it is they said i had to do (although, not without some grumbling!).

do you guys know of any other sites like mine that i might be able to learn from, communicate with and link to? i'm interested in knowing who else is doing this (aside from this awesome community, of course)

Have you found the forums at the Adults with Congenital Heart Defects group? http://achaheart.org/ I think you might find alot of people there who go thru many of the same things as you.
As for sites like yours do you mean where people do computer updates about their surgeries ect? IF so there are 2 places that have free webs sites just for that, both caringbridge.org which is the one we use and carepages.com

Thanks for the warm welcome, again, everyone.

I'll keep the blog going, and you keep reading.

Out of curiosity, for those of you that are avid bikers or runners, how long did it take you to get back to it? That's one of my biggest concerns, which may be stupid, but at 23, I am stupid!

Stupid ?..........No way.
At age 23 you are only lacking the experience that comes with getting older.
Your blog is great and I hope that many young adults can benefit from it.
:):)

Wow, thanks for the tips on those sites. I will continue to run my site, as I like the design I worked on and the system I run on, but it's great to read all those sites!

Quick question — I'm physically fit, and a bit worried that all the downtime is going to lead me to gaining weight. What has been your experience with this? Have you gained weight or lost it in the weeks following surgery?

Latest posts

Back