Husband biopsy results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Praline

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
We just got back from the doctor. The growths in his lungs are malignant. They are not sure if what they saw on the CT Scan in his abdomen is the same thing. We have another appointment for a PET Scan Monday. That will show if the cancer has spread to other parts of his body. Then we have an appointment the following Monday to talk to an oncologist about treatment. They are going to try to push the oncologist appointment sooner if possible.

She said this morning that if the cancer is only in that one lung, surgery may be an option BUT it looks like it has already spread to the rib.That is what is causing the pain. My husband says he is NOT having any surgery. They gave him oxicodone 12-hour release. We'll see if that takes care of the pain better.
He had vicodin ES until today.
It just seems so unbelievable. He was just fine until the middle of May.

Wow!

Wow!

Hi Praline,

Thank you for keeping us updated about your husband. I know that you're going through a very hard time right now and I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about both of you. Hopefully his new pain medication with help him somewhat and definitely push to get an earlier apt.

Hugs :p

Praline,
I am so sorry the results were not what you wanted to hear. I pray your husband's pain level is tolerable and that the pet scan shows it hasn't spread elsewhere. You've both been through so much....I just absolutely hate it for you. My prayers continue on....
Debbi

Have been thinking you and your husband. I'm sorry hear this news. We will be praying for you both while you go through this difficult time. Hope you get the earlier appointment also.

You and your husband remain in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

Oh hon sorry to hear this. I guess well just keep on praying and await the rest of the results. I'm sure he doesn't want surgery and all, but the question is, will he do it for you or are you with him on his own decisions? You don't need to answer this at all. I think I know you well enough to know that answer anyhow.

I'm so sorry, Praline. Our family went through this and it's unspeakably tough. Please know that you and your dear hubby have the prayers of everyone here. You've simply had more on your plate than anyone should have to deal with.

I hope you're taking care of yourself as well as your husband. Please get any medical help you need to enable yourself to get some sleep.

More Prayers

More Prayers

Dear Praline, I have been thinking of you both all week, and hoping for different news. After all you've been through, it just doesn't seem possible that you're being dealt this hand. Remember Lance Armstrong. He is certainly evidence of miraculous cures. My love and a big cyber hug to you, Your valve brother, Brian

more prayers

more prayers

sending some good vibes your way, sorry for the crummy news. hopefully things will take a turn for the better

temp69

I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your husband.

Praline, I am so sorry to hear this news!! I logged on today hoping to read much better news than that. Still hopeful its not spread anywhere else!! Thinking of you both with these incredibly tough decisions to make,
All my love
Emma
xxx

Praline. I am sorry to hear this news. Please know that my sincere best thoughts are with you and your husband as you weave your way through this new situation. I hope he gets some pain relief. Wishing you well.

Marguerite

Hi P

I am so so sorry to hear your news. Maybe you'll find out it is only in one lung and surgery will be the way to go. I'm wishing you both the best and KNOW that you are both in my prayers. I've been waiting and checking to see if you'd posted yet, but this sure wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Again, I'm so sorry.

Evelyn

Praline,
Whatever comes your way, I pray that God's strength will be with you.
We're here whenever you need us.
Hugs,
Mary

I am very sorry to hear this. Hoping there is a treatment for your husband.God Speed.

Praline

Praline

I'm sorry, too. for this news..As Nancy says at the end of her signature....Never give in and Never give up.......My husband's best friend that lives next door to us..was only given 8 months last summer for a rare cancer. they moved to their condo over the winter. I heard that he took the car out for an oil change the other day.:) ..this is in Clearwater, Fla. I know there is a cancer center there. Cannot think of the name. Merritt? in Tampa?Maybe some other Florida member knows the name?.... they helped another friend who had a spot on her lungs..Gone now.:) ..You take care and know..many prayers coming your way.:) Bonnie

I am very sorry to hear this news Praline...

I am very sorry to hear this news Praline...

I hope that you and your husband will get through this with flying colors and Gods help....You have my deepest prayers and tons of <<<<<Hugs>>>>>> Harrybaby:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh Praline, I am so very very sorry about your news. I was so hoping that that would not be the case. Here's hoping it is only in one lung. I fully understand his feeling about not wanting surgery. This is also a big shock (for you both) and he may need a little bit of time to recoup and make decisions. Not to mention listening to what the doctors have to say and to offer.

Hope you can get in to the oncologist sooner than 1 1/2 weeks.

I hope that the oxycodone helps him more than the vicodin.

Praline - as I was driving home this morning I was thinking of your husband and wondering how things had gone with his biopsy. I am so sorry to hear that the news was not good - You will both be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days... - Jeanne.

Latest posts

Back