How Smart Are You?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ann, the correct answer to that one was, "all of the above". I couldn't see anything wrong with any of them, so that's what I picked. I don't s'pose there's anything wrong with "Come on in and sit a spell", either.

Thought I did better...

Thought I did better...

92.98%.

Stationary/ery has always tripped me up.

Kristine

98.25% also....
mmmmm...Mum was a school teacher :cool: ...guess it helped...

I still think she should have been HUNG for that murder though!...
HANGED just sounds wrong!:D

Actually, either one works

Actually, either one works

sylviayasgur said:
98.25! gotta brush up on my "further vs. farther" skills!!!!
and to think, i taught special ed all those years and not english!!

Further is just more correct when talking about anything other than physical distance. I got that from Reader's Digest's "The Cutting Edge" segment.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

See what happens when you challenge people to see how brainy they are?!? You'll all just have to wait for my score!

"You scored 100%."

I tried several times to take the test, but kept getting the bandwidth message. Today, I was finally able to get in and confirmed my brilliance! I am a "victim" of public schools and continue to "victimize" others by being a public school teacher!

92.98!!!!! :eek: I should have done much better! I taught English as a Second Language years ago. Who knows what those poor folks are now saying/spelling!!!

Hanged/hung, got me as well as the "sit a while" and good old "Stationery vs. stationary"!

Hi Sue, thanks for the British explanation of "hanged" and "hung" I suspect it must be the same here, although I have yet to look it up. I just always thought that "hung" was the past tense of "hang" although clearly "hanged" has to be in there somewhere!

Interestingly enough, I believe there is an error in their answer choices. I was always taught "either or, neither nor" and their choice d says "Neither A or B." I would think it should be "Neither A nor B."

Speaking as a male, I can say that it's certainly better to be hung than hanged. It will get you a lot further in life. You can be sure that the effect it creates when meeting others affects their view of you for quite awhile. I offer this somewhat risqué thought as a hearty admonition to whomever will listen... :D

Best wishes,

I just finished a novel by James Patterson. Toward the end of the book I found 'she hung herself' and was surprised that James Patterson didn't know 'hanged' was what should be used and that his proofreaders didn't catch it. So the word hanged and hung is so often used to mean the same thing. Tho a prisoner is hanged and your coat is hung.

Latest posts

Back