Home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wade

MAde it home today.
7 days in, one AVR and one pacer.

A crazy ordeal, but I feel pretty good right now. No complications, glad to be in my own bed. They wanted to keep me another day, but I was able to get them to release me with some lovenox doses until I get my INR level up.

Point of interest: My aortic valve ended up being a mono-cuspid. Doc said he's seen maybe half a dozen of them in 30 years. Fortunately it opened in such a way that the aortic root was completely normal and didn't need replacement. Unfortunately it calcified so badly it was blocking my electricals and I had to get a pace maker put in.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. It's good to be on this side. :thumbs up:

Welcome home Wade! Now rest, eat, and sleep until you can add walking. And then get out and enjoy these nice spring days with a few walks around your neighborhood.
Oh, and welcome to the club.

John

Welcome home Wade, We also talked the doctor in sending us home with lovenox shots. After 3 days his INR was at the normal level and he was able to come off the shots. I was giving them to him so I think he was glad that was over. Rest,Breathe,Walk.

Wow! A Mano-
That is rare. I bet your new heart is saying thank you thankyouthankyou!

Now remember, Don't overdo it. Welcome home.

Yea WADE! Welcome home, mate. Glad to hear you've made it safely to the other side. All you have to do now is walk every day in that beautiful Denver sunshine! I'm in Capitol Hill, and if there's anything you need, give me a shout through a private message.

Here's to a speedy recovery

Wade, welcome home! I know it must feel awesome to be through it and on the other side. I'll be seeing you there in just a few more days.

Randy

I hope all is going well for you since you have been home. Keep up the good work, and keep us informed.

Back