Hodgkins, tx w radiation and bleomycin (chemo), pre-surgery - bleomycin after-effects

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there!
This is my first post on this forum though I have been watching and reading it for many years. Thank you to all who have gone before and educated me. I am currently scheduled for surgery in December in Cleveland and haven't lost my nerve (yet....) I am a lucky one, only having to have a aortic valve replaced - no CABG and no mitral. I have never seen anyone post regarding having had bleomycin as a chemo drug (on top of the radiation damage.) I didn't have a huge dose of bleomycin, but the concern is that bleomycin affects lungs and can lead to pulmonary problems when one is given high does oxygen (like during anesthesia....) Though I have found a number of folks aware of the radiation issues, I haven't heard about these two together. Does anyone here have the same situation or know about the risk with this? Thanks in advance.

Dee,
54 yo , tx with rad/chemo for stg IIa hodgkins in 1991 at age 32 (22 years ago)

Back