Hello All

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first check up today. They wouldn't even remove the stitches. Not healed enough, so liquid diet it is for another week and then they'll look again. I keep wanting to order a pizza or a big meaty sub. I'm bummin.

Ross,you know the saying some people live to eat
others EAT TO LIVE

another week liquid diet:eek:
not even a dr. wouldnot endorse a liquid diet
for another week.
They'd have to put me in restraints i'd likely
gnaw my arm off not to eat for this long:eek:

hopefully you arenot dropping weight fast here
and watching yourself close,but you are getting
your protiens in.....Feel for you in many ways
and sorry to hear about this and ongoing hunger
pangs when you just can't eat normally:(
Don't count the days it'll go faster.

zipper2 (DEB)

Between You And I...

Between You And I...

I've lost 10 pounds since last Thursday!

We have lost a total of 17 lbs.....Say there bub, we are on our way to qualifying for Chippendales:D:D:D:p:p:p:D:D:D

Between your blender food and my not wanting to eat, we are on our way!!! Harrybaby

Hi Ross,

I have my finger and toes crossed that you will be on solids soon! I can not imagine how tough it must be to be on liquids. I am afraid my evil side would come out if I were in your shoes (head spinning, etc.).I hope a pizza is in your future soon!:)

Ross,
We haven't been able to access the Internet for about a month now due to a computer glitch. We missed what-all happened with your dental surgery. How long did you have to stay on the vent? I tried to find the posts, but our system is still a bit slow, and it looks like we'll just have to buy a new computer. If your mouth wasn't so sore, I'd just rather call. Thank God you're all right, and we'll be praying for you.
I had to be on a liquid diet for a month after my gastric bypass surgery. I was TRYING to lose weight, though. I also used to be a CHEF (that's right, chef; it was a high-class place) as well as a cook, and naturally some of our patrons were on pureed and liquid diets. I have some suggestions for you.
1. A soft-cooked or poached egg with buttered toast in pieces and soaked in the toast and a little salt tastes pretty good.
2. Nothing wrong with the ol' "milquetoast", or toast with butter and cinnamon sugar toasted under the grill for about a minute, and soaked in the milk.
3. If you have a meat grinder or mixer with grinder attachment, run everything through the grinder and mix it with gravy or broth. Maybe you won't have to get a food processor.
4.Scrambled eggs, cooked soft, with onions that have been cooked and mashed, go down pretty well.
5. Ground poached chicken or other finely ground meats make a nice meal when mixed with a lot of mayo, yogurt, or salad dressing.
6. You can put a lot of stuff in jello, including fruit purees and veggie purees. Meat purees like pate are frequently packed in gelatin, but aspics (like tomato) were big in the 50's and 60's and are simple to make. If tomatoes bother you, there is lots of other stuff.
7.Nothing wrong with a souffle, and even though it might seem odd, almost any souffle tastes good with cream or half and half poured over, and this liquifies it.

A friend of mine who made his living as a chef (the real McCoy, went to CIA and did his apprenticeship in Frankfurt, Germany) had to make his wife's food for 3 months while she recovered from extensive jaw and reconstructive surgery which included wiring her jaw shut. She did not feel deprived at all and I could try to get some recipes from him. A friend of mine in medical school was in a MVA and had to have her jaw wired shut for 2 months. She actually gained weight on the liquid diet, which was a good thing for her.

Get better, Ross. We hope to be able to keep in touch.

Beautiful fall weather in Idaho,
-Laura

Ross,

Keep on recovering, it's good to see you're already back online since our one month drought from VR. You're in both our prayers. As for sweetener? My opinion is that Splenda tastes better than either Equal or Sweet 'n Low. Aspartame is sort of astringent to me, while saccharine tastes sweet--but somehow it seems 'empty' of substance to me. Splenda (sucralose) seems to mimic sugar's flavor the best in my opinion.

One of my good friends, a 48-year-old recent survivor of aortic valve replacement and aortic aneurysm repair, also has no teeth. My friend was hungry for a snack and I thought I didn't have anything for him that didn't require chewing. Then I remembered our tree-ripened peaches I had brought along on our opal digging trip. They were literally melt-in-your-mouth good. He just sucked the fruit right out of their skins and had a great snack. I wish that I could have done that for you, but alas the peaches are all gone for the year. Maybe, if you're lucky, you can find some peaches in a grocery store loaded with nectar and soft enough to suck down. I tried it, though I still have my teeth--I merely didn't permit myself to chew it any; I didn't miss any of the flavor and swallowing was no problem either.

I'll try to talk my friend into visiting this forum. He doesn't do internet currently, but his wife and kids do, so maybe I could convince him to try at least this forum if nothing else about the WWW attracts him.

Chris

Had my first check up today. They wouldn't even remove the stitches. Not healed enough, so liquid diet it is for another week and then they'll look again. I keep wanting to order a pizza or a big meaty sub. I'm bummin.

K Ross have you done the pizza-meaty sub thing yet???
even the attempt would be option to at least suck on
these food items........now don't choke swallowing
and 10 lbs you lost from thursday to thursday in your
other post,you know will come back once you eat normally
guys always seem to have a better matabolisum.....DARN
if i did this liquid diet i wouldn't lose a pound.....Really:rolleyes:

Hope it's getting easier to EAT for you.

zipper2 (DEB)

I've lost 10 pounds since last Thursday!

Damn man!...I am jealous now...maybe I should schedule a dental appointment too!;)

Hang in there dude...sounds like you are gonna have to sacrifice
a little bit more of the cuddly Rossman until you can get your teeth errr umm gums into something more like real food...At least your liquid diet is more exciting than that awful yellow stuff they tube feed you with in ICU!...

We should send you a barrel full of chupa-chups to keep your strength up!:D

wow..I have been gone from here for way too long!
Ross I am so sorry to hear about the latest scare..But very thankful that you are home and resting!
Please take care!

OMG, Ross!!!! i stay away for a few weeks only to return to this horror of an experience you had.
i'm so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and hope you feel better with each new day.
as everyone else said, get your rest and gain some strength.
enjoy now, don't waste it worrying about the future and the next time.
stay well and please don't scare us like that again.
hugs, sylvia

Latest posts

Back