Heart Racing/Aneurysm - Related?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of our members have found that SOTALOL (Generic Form of BetaPace) is quite effective at keeping A-Fib under control. It is usually prescribed at least 2X a day since it is not available in a Time Release form.

For those on Beta Blockers, Toprol is also available as Toprol XL (extended release) in several doses down to 25mg.

'AL Capshaw'

Eva, I've just learned from experience and reading alot of VR stuff. ;)

Al, A-Fib and SVT are 2 different animals.
They both occur in the atria, but A-Fib is usually irregular and more dangerous in regard to throwing clots.
My SVT is fast and scary, but not usually dangerous.
I have asked my doc about Sotalol and he doesn't think it's warranted for my particular issue.
Send me some Toprol XL?.......(joking)......it's not available in Canada.

Since my anuerysm was diagnosed in February 2008 with a measurement of 4.6cm I have been stable since, and my next scan is in August. My cardiologist has advised they wont look into surgery until I am 5.5cm. I strongly disagree with this, as I think any chance of growth calls for surgery, seeing that I also have an anuerysm in my brachiocephalic/innominate artery as well, which measures 3.0cm. Read all you can and get advice from surgeon and make an informed decision. Most of all look after yourself. Good luck.

My current dosage of Beta Blocker is 5 mg in the mornings - it's Bisoprolol (aka Zebeta in the US?)

I have a debate going on in my head, I know what you are all saying is true, maybe I should be taking it a bit easier until I know what's what... And then I read over what I have said and I look like a bit of a moron - whingeing about this symptom and that, and then running around the bases which only serves to bring symptoms to the surface again :$
Perhaps this isn't the best decision...maybe I'm so reluctant to stop playing because a) I love to play and b) I hate the "boy, she's lazy" looks I get when I hint that maybe I shouldn't be playing...and not everyone knows what's going on because I don't wear it on a T-shirt or anything.

I dunno...Maybe I just need a tougher skin :)

I never even thought about Connective Tissue Disorder until Al mentioned it. I'll do some more research on this. Maybe I'm not just unlucky!

Thanks all - your continued advice and support is very much appreciated.

Melissa

I understand what you are saying.....one of my neighbours used to comment on me "being lazy".....even when she knew my heart issues!
Some people just don't get it. Hey, you need a VR.com tee shirt. :)

Latest posts

Back