Heart Palpitations

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tass

Need some input, please. I have woken up a couple of times now before the alarm goes off very aware of my heart beating, I don't think it was excessively fast, just seemed very strong and I was aware of each beat. Note, I skipped dinner, and had no caffeine since about 1:00 p.m. the day before.

Am I just more aware of what's going on or could this be a new development. Diagnosis is BAV with mild regurg and aortic coarctation (doc's follow up letter makes reference to severe stenosis-the coarc, not the valve itself). She has me on a diuretic and Niacin for the time being.

Tass

What do they recommend for the severe coarctation situation? Is it urgent?

Can you call the doctor and describe the situation?

Hoping you'll be fine:) .

She didn't seem too concerned about the coarc. apparently the blood isn't being restricted enough to cause permanent damage and my bad cholesterol is pretty low (the good was also low which is why she has me on the Niacin supplement). She was just surprised the echo tech didn't look for it when he found the BAV. I am supposed to go back in Dec. for a followup.

Tass

Do you think these rhythm sensations could be related to your medications? Sometimes minerals get out of balance with various heart meds. Can you call the doctor and describe what you're experiencing?
Can't hurt; might help :) .

Do you think these rhythm sensations could be related to your medications? Sometimes minerals get out of balance with various heart meds. Can you call the doctor and describe what you're experiencing?
Can't hurt; might help :) .

Tass, I'm glad you called and left a message. Like Lily just posted, Potassium and Magnesium depletion from diuretics can often trigger rhythm disturbances. I started a thread yesterday about that very thing. I hope all goes well for you. I know this is a difficult time in your life.

Latest posts

Back