Got my echo results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne

Hello forum friends! I just have a quick question for you all before I go google it and get myself all worked up! So I received my last 5 echo reports in the mail today and noticed that my last two (July of 2012 and July of 2011) not only indicated the moderate aortic stenosis and regurgitation that has been the case for a number of years, but now it's stating mild tricuspid regurgitation and borderline pulmonary pressures. I'm wondering about the latter two impressions and if they are a huge need for concern. My cardiologist didn't even bring those things up during our counsel. I'm planning on going to to see a different cardiologist towards the end of the year in San Francisco and I will clearly address all of this but in the meantime does any one know what this could mean? Thanks in advance!

Hello forum friends! I just have a quick question for you all before I go google it and get myself all worked up! So I received my last 5 echo reports in the mail today and noticed that my last two (July of 2012 and July of 2011) not only indicated the moderate aortic stenosis and regurgitation that has been the case for a number of years, but now it's stating mild tricuspid regurgitation and borderline pulmonary pressures. I'm wondering about the latter two impressions and if they are a huge need for concern. My cardiologist didn't even bring those things up during our counsel. I'm planning on going to to see a different cardiologist towards the end of the year in San Francisco and I will clearly address all of this but in the meantime does any one know what this could mean? Thanks in advance!

Anne,

It is not unusual and pretty normal to have mild or trace regurgitation in a valve and cardios don't get too concerned about that. This is the case for me as my echos always show trace mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. It is never mentioned.

However, if YOU are concerned about these new findings, I would pick up the phone and ask for clarification. A second opinion never hurts either.

Hi Anne,

I have trace regurgitation in all of my valves, and the only one my cardio mentioned was the aortic. He said having it in the other valves is "normal". I would not worry too much, but you can always ask to be sure.

Hi Ann,

I don`t know much about the other valves,but if you have tricuspid regurgetation I would keep an eye on it and make sure you have it checked by echo one or twice per year. The heart can cope with mild tricuspid regurgatation, however if it develops into severe tricuspid regurgetation it can cause serious problems to the liver and eventually severe right atrium enlargement and Afib due to the electrical nodes being located near the tricuspid valve.

I was diagnosed with mild tricuspid regurgetation in 1991, had it checked for 10 years. Suddenly in 2000 I worsened to Severe Tticuspid regurgetation. Had it replaced with a tissue valve in 2001 with no further problems. My tissue valved calcified about a year ago and had lots of problems with A fib. I`ve just had it replaced again 2 weeks ago with another tissue valve,with a right atrium reduction.

Good luck,

Lee

Latest posts

Back