Good Morning America

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know if this procedure, percutaneous I believe it is called, can just be used to replace the native valve, or is it hoped that it will also replace an animal valve?

I think so. When I told my surgeon I did not want an animal valve because I did not want to be re-opened in few years, he told me about this procedure meaning it also replaces an animal valve.:)

Does anyone know if the percutaneous approach applies only to aortic valves with stenosis, or also regurgitation?

right now, (this trial at least) is just stenosis this is listed under exclusion

Exclusion Criteria

Evidence of an acute myocardial infarction ≤ 1month before the intended treatment
Aortic valve is a congenital unicuspid or bicuspid valve; or is non-calcified
Mixed aortic valve disease (aortic stenosis and aortic regurgitation with predominant aortic regurgitation >3+)

I'm a glass half full gal. I think that things will be miraculously different in 10 years. Heck, maybe they just beam them in. Don't forget that they are also using stem cells again. I absolutely do not expect to have OHS again. Of course I know it is a possibility .. but that glass is still half full. Maybe even 3/4 full!

Dear Lyn, thank you so much for posting that video for all of us to see. There are so many new advancements it's exciting!!
I watched the whole viedo and was excited to see what I'll be able to have in the future. My surgeon said with 100% confidence he'd be doing this type of procedure in about 5 years. My replacement won't be for 15 years so I figure he'll have lots of practice by then :D Take care Debbie :)

Dear Lyn, thank you so much for posting that video for all of us to see. There are so many new advancements it's exciting!!
I watched the whole viedo and was excited to see what I'll be able to have in the future. My surgeon said with 100% confidence he'd be doing this type of procedure in about 5 years. My replacement won't be for 15 years so I figure he'll have lots of practice by then :D Take care Debbie :)

Thanks, it was interesting because Locke was who we talked about possibly doing Justin's but his valve ended up being fine it was the conduit that lasted 2 years. I was really happy to see UofP is part of the aortic trials now since Justin goes to CHOP/UofP they should have lots of experience when he needs it. Altho I'm still hoping by the time Justin needs a new valve/conduit he will be able to get the tissue engineered ones and be done with surgery

Latest posts

Back