Get together this Sat. 01-19

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie

Hey everyone, if you've read the other posts you know I don't have time to plan the big get together, but were going to get together this Sat. at 12:00 at Chili"s in Temecula. So far it's just me and starrman( Jim) and were looking for others to join us. My surgery is on Wed. And I could use all the encourgement I can get!!! Please post or PM me. Thanks alot Debbie

Hey Debbie,

Hope you all (whoever all joins you) has a great time! It is WONDERFUL to meet other forum/group members ;).

Too bad you'll be at the restaurant at noon ... if you were meeting at someone's home, you could have the music from my radio show as your background music ... and have me there "in spirit" with ya ;).

GOOD LUCK ... thoughts/prayers coming your way....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january19*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL
"Loose your blues" ... Kenny Loggins ... 'Footloose'

lunch tomarrow in temecula

lunch tomarrow in temecula

Hi everyone, so far i've only heard from one person, anyone else want to join us tomarrow for lunch??? Love to hear from you Debbie :)

Picture of the Reunion Group

Picture of the Reunion Group

The "reunion" was held today, a bright, sunny day in Temecula and was attended by Debbie (Debbie - 1/24/08 scheduled surgery), Resqrn (Mike - 8/2005 surgeries), and Starrman (Jim - 11/8/07 surgery). We had a very good discussion of many pre- and post-op activities based on our unique experiences and tried to reinforce and augment Debbie's view of her surgery next week.

Lots of stories and you continue to learn that much of what we all experience is similar........but there are also unique aspects for us all. Mike was a wealth of knowledge from his days as a cardiac registered nurse. Some of the subjects we gabbed about were: anxiety, valve selection, chest tubes, tube in your neck (you can tell I am not the medical guy), catheter, incision pain, incision location and size, the first trip to the restroom - well you get the idea.........

We also spoke about HarleyGirl528's (Lorie) progress and that a number of her messages were sent while she was in surgery (courtesy of her husband). To our amazement she was back on the computer herself very quickly. We all send her our continued best wishes.

At the end, we gave Debbie a bag full of goodies for her hospital stay that she will be very thankful for like hand lotion, conditioner, breath mints, blistex, breakfast bars, soft tissues, peppermints, notepad and pens. We were there nearly four hours and it was a very nice afternoon for all of us. Here is a picture (from left to right - Jim, Debbie and Mike).

valve2.jpg

Debbie, Jim and Mike,

Sounds like you all had a good time. Hope you guys didn't make the recovery sound like tooo much fun:p Will make a trip down to SoCal later this spring. No worries Debbie, by then you'll be back on your feet, running all over the place. Guess I better start jogging again;)

Best Wishes,
Mike

It's great to hear that you all were able to get together before Debbie's surgery. I'm sure the reassurance she received, from listening to your experiences and seeing you in person, was invaluable.
Thanks for sharing the details and the picture . . . love the shirts!

Wow - thanks for the great recap! It's kind of like getting together with long-lost family members. We share a connection.

Sounds like you had a great time and I'm sure Debbie was helped immensely by the encouragement - and gifts, she received.

Karlynn said:
It's kind of like getting together with long-lost family members.

*grins*

No no no, Karlynn ... it IS getting together with long-lost family members ;).

Great recap ... and glad you all had a wonderful time! Excellent pic, too :).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It seems like yesterday" ... Bob Seger ... 'Against The Wind'

lunch

lunch

Dear Jim, thanks so much for posting the details of our get together and the picture, I'm glad I got yo meet you guys. Thanks again for the travel bag too, that was very nice of you. Looking forward to our all day get together in the wine country in the spring. I want to meet ALL the So. Cal. VR members when I'm well. I'll be contacting all of you. Thanks Debbie :)

Back