Flooding

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfay

I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the flooding in Nashville, but that's where I grew up and the pictures I have seen of it are shocking. Two of my best friends are on their way to try and get back into their houses today to see their damage. Neither of them had flood insurance because their houses aren't in flood plains. The Opryland hotel had to evacuate 1500 guests last night, today it has 6 feet of water inside the hotel. Please pray for all of these people. I'm not sure if this link will work here, but here are some pictures if it does: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...hp?pid=5259882&id=554672358&fbid=410268047358

My goodness.....those pictures are absolutely astounding! So sad & tragic what these poor people are facing right now!

The thing that astounds me the most, is that we've had our TV on CNN, CSNBC & some of the other major news channels this morning, & this unfolding tragedy is not getting much coverage at all! What's up with that!!!!???

Thanks Kimmie & my prayers go out to all those affected!

I'm a bit concerned about Robthatsme. He lives there too and todays his birthday. What a messed up present.

My grandson is in college there at Belmont Univ. From his posts on Facebook yesterday it looked as if it took him from 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get home from church, and it's a 10 minute drive normally. He posted once that he felt like a "mouse in a maze" trying to find his way. Thankfully, his basement apartment was dry!

This is just making me sick. One of my very best friends got to her new house and it had about a foot of water in it. Luckily, she had moved all of her furniture upstairs before they left but she and her husband have spent the day pulling up all the carpet and hardwoods in the house. Another friend has lost everything. He and his neighbors finally got out today and moved in with his sister...20 people total. They have no power. Susposedly, the neighborhood I grew up in has house after house with all of the belongings piled up at the street. The sad thing is that NONE of these people have flood insurance. None of these areas are in flood plains. I'm torn between going to help my friends and staying put. I don't know how much help I would be and don't want to get in the way.

Hi,

I am ok here in Nashville. Our home is on top of a ridge 987 ft above the road below.. If my home gets water in it from flooding, I believe I will also see Noah's ark floating by my ridge.

That being said,there is an awful amount of damage to those living around the rivers and creeks. Whole subdivisions are underwater, as well as the downtown area and Opryland hotel. So many horses, cows and other farm animals have also been put in harms way due to the flooding.

Most of the news coverage is centered around Nashville, but , there are many communitees outside the city that also have severe damage.

Freddie, your right, I am on a new project overseas in Germany. This new project is in a small town in southern Germany called Baden Baden, in the Black Forest. The area is beautiful!

Rob

We were in Bellevue (Nashville) for several days including the weekend of rain and more rain. We were there because our grandson was being confirmed (Catholic Church) My son's home is built up on a hill/ridge and he did not have any flooding. Our son, DIL, her sister and our grandson left for church at 10 AM. Our son was going to call us and tell the rest of the family the best route to take. To make a long story short they didn't make it until around 12:30 and the church is 6 miles from their home.

My son got out twice to redirect traffic. They drive a large van that they call the bus and they thought they would lose the vehicle. Thankfully they didn't feel their lives were in danger but they wouldn't tell us if they were.

It looks like after a hurricane here in La. so many place flooded and like someone else said most do not have flood insurance.

I am ok here in Nashville. Our home is on top of a ridge 987 ft above the road below.. If my home gets water in it from flooding, I believe I will also see Noah's ark floating by my ridge.

LOL! That'd be a site....

Glad you are OK, Rob.

*sighs*

I have been keeping in touch with friends in Nashville, as well as Big Sandy and Jackson TN ... and watching the photos as they appear on The Tennessean's website ... and it is very very very saddening to me. ALL of my favorite places in my favorite city ... flooded. Ugh. :(

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"What can you do?" ... Mickey Gilley ... 'Full Grown Fool'

Latest posts

Back