finally on even keel

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marciemarine

Well after much ups and downs with coumadin, I have had a steady result for the past three weeks and I have been taking 1mg of coumadin every other day. I have been told by my doctors that I am very sensitive to coumadin and that's why I need such a low dose. I'm happy about that so far.
Marcie

Marcie:

What is your INR range? Most people with 2 mechanicals are told to target 3.0 to 4.0, I think, but may vary according to the cardiologist or PCP.

You're less than 2 months post-op. As times goes by and you return to a normal activity level, you may find that you will need more warfarin to achieve the same INR. At 2 months post-op, I wasn't doing too much. I only needed about 2-2.5mg daily. I'll be 3.6 years post-op on Christmas Eve and I take 6.5 mg.

My INR range is supposed to ne between 3.0 and 4.0 and it has remained in that range for the past three weeks taking 1mg of Warfarin every other day.
I'm glads you told me that my dosage may need to increase as my activity level increases. I won't be surprised now if that happens. I appreciate your feedback! Thanks. Marcie

I'm sure you'll be taking a little more sometime down the road, but I envy you the fact that you can get by with so little. ;)

Latest posts

Back