Final visit with Surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dl_mooney

Had final visit with Surgeon today .He checked me over good.Said the Onx valve sounded different that the St. Jude.Also said my Sturnum is healed,so thats great.Also found out my Blood type( O-positive).Also found out that the On x Rep.drove the valves to Ventura (from Los Angles) over the weekend,so they would be ready for my surgery on Monday (Aug 10).Dr.did choose a 31-33 size.Its doing GREAT.After that had appointment at a Coumadin Clinic in Oxnard Ca.INR was 1.9 so doseahe was upped. Now take 3 Mgs on Monday & Friday then 4Mgs the rest of the days

WOW, a Doc who knows how to dose Coumadin !
(and has an understanding of mathematics).

With 3 and 4 mg tablets you can adjust your weekly dose anywhere from 21 mg to 28 mg, in 1 mg steps, simply by varying the daily allocation of 3's and 4's and still only take ONE pill per day, minimizing your cost.

One member, another On-X recipient, reported that the Echo Tech who did his first post-op echo couldn't believe he had a mechanical valve because there was NO turbulence.

'AL Capshaw'

Glad final visit with surgeon was good, sounds like you are doing great. I have an appt with my surgeon tomorrow (4 weeks post op). I have no idea if I will see him again at some point or if tomorrow will be it.

Lori

Hated it when it was "final visit" time at the surgeons, because they were so available if I had a problem and I kind of felt like I was set out (somewhat) on my own...which can be scary at first. My cardiologist is great, but I can't call him at 3am if my heart is beating too fast, or I get worried about something. Hmmm guess it's just part of working through things and learning to live on your own again. ;)

Mileena

Latest posts

Back