Emergency Information on phone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Today I asked a fireman about medical ID's. He told me that first responders look for cell phone to see if medical information is on it. Where I key in my password there is a bar that said emergency. I click on it and it let me put in my information.

I have a Android phone (Samsung Galaxy 8). I always thought that the emergency tab button on my sign in screen would dial 911. I wish I would of known because I just order a road ID that will fit onto my watch band.

That’s a feature on iPhone. Not sure about android.
Interesting, I just looked on my Android (S2) and it has "Emergency Call" on that password screen, but no "Emergency Info" tab.

Cool feature.

*EDIT* Actually, I take that back. There's a scrolling message on the bottom of my screen when you turn it on (before I even swipe to get to the password screen)
I put in "If found please call (xxx) xxx-xxxx" with my wife's phone number.

I imagine that could be edited to have emergency medical information.

Last edited:
Today I asked a fireman about medical ID's. He told me that first responders look for cell phone to see if medical information is on it. Where I key in my password there is a bar that said emergency. I click on it and it let me put in my information.
Bad thing is with most new phone go by face recognition and a code number to unlock the smart phones.

Bad thing is with most new phone go by face recognition and a code number to unlock the smart phones.
I looked in "Settings" on my phone and found a tab for "Safety and Emergency", then there's a number of choices like Medical Info, Emergency Contacts, etc.

I believe if you populate these then the info would come up without your phone needing to be unlocked.

Screenshot_20240515_135341_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240515_135420_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240515_135450_Contacts.jpg

Nice suggestion, but sadly the world of Android is more fragmented in the details than that of apple ..
I believe if you populate these then

I looked at the Settings on mine and found
  • Security -> Permissions | App Encryption | Payment protection | Kids space | anti harassment | floating windows
  • Additional Settings -> Security & Privacy-> Smartlock | a bunch of others
but, sadly, nothing like that. Also there is nothing on my lock screen to facilitate it

Μy phone has medical information and emergency phone numbers, for example the doctor and family phones.
I have passed the medical history etc
with the screen locked, when it asks for a code or fingerprint, it gives the possibility of accessing the medical information and a phone call to the numbers I have chosen
See the video for android samsung, it has been available for years, so I think that everyone should have it.

Last edited:
See a screenshot of my dashboard (in green frame)

Attachments

• 123ΝΙΚ.jpg
    123ΝΙΚ.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 0
I just looked on my iphone and have seen that Emergency section - good idea. I also have a Medipal card, same material and size as a bank card with an emergency contact number and details of medical conditions, blood group, GP practice and NHS number, the card comes with a fob which is on my key ring which states I'm carrying a card. Alongside my card I have the card sent to me by Edward Lifesciences giving make and size of my aortic valve and it's serial number.

Carolinemc, I don't know if you have an iPhone but you or an EMT should be able to get into emergency screen without face ID, fingerlock or passcode. Try it. Place your thumb across the camera and swipe up until the pass code request appears (it takes a few seconds). In the bottom corner is "emergency", press on that and you can see the option to open "medical ID". Valuable, assuming you have fully populated your medical information.

Carolinemc, I don't know if you have an iPhone but you or an EMT should be able to get into emergency screen without face ID, fingerlock or passcode. Try it. Place your thumb across the camera and swipe up until the pass code request appears (it takes a few seconds). In the bottom corner is "emergency", press on that and you can see the option to open "medical ID". Valuable, assuming you have fully populated your medical information.
If I am unconscious, nothing will open the phone without the ID code that only know. I wear a bracelet that has information needed. It tells that I am a cardiac patient, diabetic and on warfarin.

If I am unconscious, nothing will open the phone without the ID code that only know. I wear a bracelet that has information needed. It tells that I am a cardiac patient, diabetic and on warfarin.
Ok, if that is your choice then good for you.

For others whom might be interested, your phone can be opened to the emergency page (please see my prior message above) so that emergency personnel can access your medical records and emergency contacts if you have added them. They cannot access the rest of your iPhone.

They cannot access the rest of your iPhone.
I don't have an iPhone ... nor as I understand it do most of the worlds phone users (although I understand that in the USA its different, and indeed in Australia its also around 57%), but: globally its a different picture:

Android leads with 70.87% market share, and Apple's iOS has 28.39%

I think for this emergency data, its handset by handset, as I stated above my handset (Oppo) doesn't have this feature. Apparently Samsung does ... personally I wouldn't buy either Samsung or Apple.

I wouldn't want to rely on my phone being usable after a car accident (or even with me in ER after my ambulance ride in there) because its a big ask if your life depends on it. I'm pretty sure it'll be a case by case situation.

So I guess while its "nice" to have it, I would rely on a bracelet more with critical data (like diabetic or somethings).

Best Wishes

Back