Doing great on Coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dl_mooney

Today went to our Coumadin Clinic.INR was 2.2 so thats in the ballpark.Surgeon wants it 2-3, Have a OnX Mitral Valve. Gal said come back in 2 weeks it its stable the, will only have to return in a month.Later on willdo the home testing. Have to be with the Clinic 3 months first.

Range

Range

It's good to hear you're within range. Depending upon variations in your metabolic rate, you may see some fluctuation, but should this happen it's easy to make adjustments.

If you opt to do home testing, it's easy to adjust dosage to stay within range. A finger prick sure beats getting stabbed with a needle.

-Philip

glad to hear that you are in range. some of us prove to be more difficult to manage than others. i am 4 months out of surgery and have only been in range 2 or 3 times since then. i just now got bumped upt to testing once a month. but i'm thinking they have it figured out now. i am hoping to have my home monitor before christmas. Just hit a bump with my insurance company with it. My doctor only marked off mechanical heart valve and didn't write down a diagnosis so now QAS is working with her so that they can resubmit it to insurance. Once you become more active like go back to work your inr will most likely drop and you need to adjust your dose a little. but it is good that you are in range already.

Latest posts

Back