Do you have a mantra?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

This thread:
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19538

...inspired this new topic ("Do you have a mantra?").... And, of course, I'll be sharing this topic with my other boards as well ... he he ;).

So...on to the thread:

No, I'm not talking about your favorite lyrics or quotes ... I'm talking about your mantra ... your "instrument of thought". That is, do you have a saying that you use to inspire you? Or, maybe you have a phrase that you use to explain things ... or, perhaps, just to entertain yourself and others ... or, perhaps, to use as an ice breaker or comedic relief?

I ask because, along with the thread I noted above, I've seen and heard more and more mantras from various people ... and I'm curious if this is something that we all do, even subconsciously....

My mantra, given to me a few years ago by a good friend, is:
"Irony rocks".

So, if you have a mantra, what is yours?

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I've always seen myself as a hopeless romantic" ... Gary Morris & Crystal Gayle ... 'Another World'

In a hundred years who's going to care?

No, I don't mean about your thread - that is my mantra:p ;) :D, when I get upset or worried about something that I may or may not have control over.

Otherwise, "keep smiling". I find when I force myself to smile, even if I am down or in a bad mood, I automatically feel better.

All mine are on my profile, the warrior thing, as I said, was from my fortune cookie from my last chinese meal before OHS....guess I really should play those lotto numbers on the back! :D

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!" was what got me through all my chemo and surgeries for BC. Everytime I was laying on an operating table that was my last thought going over and and over in my head, I also used it for OHS :) I think I got that from some Norman Vincent Peale book or something.

"It is what it is" is what my husband (rock that he is) would say to me all through BC and heart stuff whenever I got down or was crying. These all get me through day after day!!

"It is what it is"

I adopted Lynn's mantra a while back and it has served me well.

"Is this the hill you want to die on?" - Not an over-all mantra, but one I used regularly with my children when they felt they needed to continue to argue a decision of mine that they felt was unfair.

Karlynn said:
"Is this the hill you want to die on?" - Not an over-all mantra, but one I used regularly with my children when they felt they needed to continue to argue a decision of mine that they felt was unfair.
God I love you! Your so tough.:)

Karlynn....that's a good one! I'm going to have to use that on my 13 year when he gets out of hand! :D

"I guess Ignorance is Bliss!" That is something I quote when someone is being rude, either by tlking loud their cell phone when their sitting behind me on the train, people who cut you off when driving, people that slam the door behind them, when they know your behind them, people who are on their cell phone and end up walking in a revolving door into the same spot your in. Yes, that has happened to me many times. Idiots! The list goes on, but I think you get the idea! I hate stupid ignorant people. No common sense out there anymore. Or maybe it's because I live in a big metropolitan area where a lot of people think "It's all about them"! :eek: :( :mad:

lynn said:
Karlynn....that's a good one! I'm going to have to use that on my 13 year when he gets out of hand! :D

And the teenage years were when it was used the most.:cool: Sometimes they felt that if they just badgered me more, I'd break. They were wrong.:D

When things aren't going well I use this one:
"There's a reason for everything."

When I'm struggling through a workout or problem:
"I can do this"

When I'm thru doing most anything:
"Thank you, Dear Lord".

I have a number of things I tell myself when I need to keep myself moving.

At work, it's sometimes, "You're the one who makes things happen," or, "The buck stops here." Most often, it's, "You can do this."

Best wishes,

Melissa -

Melissa -

I love your mantra! I will have to use that one.

I don't know how I forgot about this mantra - Al from VR.com gave it to me, i.e. BE BRAVE!! I say that to myself ALL the time these days. It does work! Thanks Al! It also makes me think of my Mom who was the bravest person I have ever known and I want so much to be like her.

Christina L

Latest posts

Back