Do I mow, oink, or laugh??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie

Hi everyone, well i figured out what valve i got, but still don't understand what it is? It is a carpentier-edwards perimount magna pericardial aortic bioprosthesis size # 23. O.k. i know it's tissue, but is a cow, pig, human, or man-made out of tissue. Al, I'm guessing you'll know the answer to this one. Thanks Debbie :)

mowing

mowing

Darn ,i thought i was going to oink! People have been giving me stuffed amimal pigs, i better change it to little cows, well there cuter anyway :p :p Debbie

That's exactly what I have!! It is constructed from the pericardial tissue of steer, actually, I think. The pig valve would have been an actual pig's valve. The bovine is manmade of bovine heart materials.

There are tons of cute cow things..... trust me, I've got quite a little collection going! And generally speaking, you'll run into your "cousins" more often anyway. There are definitely cows out in fields, more than pigs! (I actually have a "hold-out" little farm 200 yards from my front door in the suburbs.....I get to watch my cousins cavort through the fields and hear them moo-ing every day!)

Well, we can track our progress together as I'm just about to 2 years ahead of you. Same size, too.

Congratulations!!! and to be back online so fast!!!

Hope you are easing into recovery well.

Best wishes!

Marguerite

Hi Debbie, Glad to see you. That is the same valve Justin got in 05 and when he had his surgery in 07 the valve was still perfect hopefully it will be for many more years . Before surgery they said you would get a homo or porcine, do you know why they changed? Lyn

The same valve as Dick has and he moo's all the time! Is that what I hear every night if I don't fall asleep before he does???;)

Debbie,
If you send me a private message with your snail address, I will send you a copy one of my first graders favorite book, " The Cow that went Oink". :D

Hey Debbie,

Glad you're back to posting and getting up and around the house. I think most members were getting a little bored with my rambling while you were actually quite busy sparring with the Nazi Nurse:p
Better to here it right from the horse's, oops, I mean the vaca's mouth:)

Mike

You should have been given a card with an Id number on it. You would need this if there was any type of recall for your type of valve. Like with the comtaminated cryo-life valves in 2001.

AND YOU CAN THEN MAKE ANY TYPE OF VALVE INDUCED NOISE TOU CHOOSE.:D

Lettitia

lcwhitney said:
You should have been given a card with an Id number on it. You would need this if there was any type of recall for your type of valve. Like with the comtaminated cryo-life valves in 2001.

AND YOU CAN THEN MAKE ANY TYPE OF VALVE INDUCED NOISE TOU CHOOSE.:D

Lettitia
Justin didn't get his card until a month or so later in the mail.

Click-click

Click-click

I remember one of my favorite comic journalist, Lewis Grizzard, who wrote for the Atlanta Journal. He had Pig valves, and always said he had this uncontrollable desire to roll around in mud! With my St Jude's Mitral and Aortic mechanical valves, I have a large thirst for 30 weight motor oil! I guess butter will have to do for lubrication.

ChuckVSP said:
I remember one of my favorite comic journalist, Lewis Grizzard, who wrote for the Atlanta Journal. He had Pig valves, and always said he had this uncontrollable desire to roll around in mud! With my St Jude's Mitral and Aortic mechanical valves, I have a large thirst for 30 weight motor oil! I guess butter will have to do for lubrication.

LOL!! Good one Chuck. I read a book years ago by Lewis Gizzard "They Ripped Out My Heart and Stomped That Sucker Flat" It was just laying around the house after my dad had AVR. We lost a great one when Gizzard died.

click - click

click - click

Hi, I'm new here. Had aortic metal valve replacement in June 07. The journey has been very difficult, but with much to be grateful for. I have a ? for any and all...who have had the AVR - what's your sleep like? I am still trying to figure this thing out. So much more blood flow now than before, my body is exhausted but my brain is wide awake. Anyone?

saved said:
Hi, I'm new here. Had aortic metal valve replacement in June 07. The journey has been very difficult, but with much to be grateful for. I have a ? for any and all...who have had the AVR - what's your sleep like? I am still trying to figure this thing out. So much more blood flow now than before, my body is exhausted but my brain is wide awake. Anyone?

Hi, Saved!
Glad you found us!

You will get more answers to your question if you post a thread in post-surgery telling a little bit about yourself and how your recovery has gone.

In the meantime, I was sleeping pretty well a few months after replacement.

Back