Date Set

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin

Dear Valvers,

This morning I had a personal chat with my cardio and my AVR is sheduled on July 18th 2006. My native aortic valve will be removed and the ON-X mechanical valve is to take its place.

In the back of my mind I've always hoped that the problem would go away by itself. That somehow, miraculously, I would wake up one morning without this diseased valve. That day never came. But thanks to your stories and insight I now know that there is an enjoyable life waiting after valve replacement.

Take care and hugs,

Hey Justin, I put you on the calendar for July 18th. It will be here before you know it and I'm so glad you had a chance to glean all the information you could from this site. Sending your our best wishes for an easy climb over the mountain. I hope you have someone to post for you and we look forward to all good news.

Good For You!!!

Good For You!!!

I hope you think this is great news!! The waiting was the hardest part for me. I am sure you will do great. Will be lifting you up on the day you crest the moutain top!!

Best,

Tom

Hey man, congrats on getting a date. I'm right with you, and also was in a fair amount of 'denial' about the whole thing. I was having symptoms (migraine, extreme fatigue) when working but just attributed it to diet, and migraine disease not realizing (or wanting to realize) that it was my heart valve, which I've known about since I was very young. Some tests late this spring confirmed it - the stenosis was much worse than in 2003 so that's a likely culprit for some of my other concerns. Look at the bright side, when you're fixed, you're FIXED! And then you can get on with it....best of luck.

-chris

Rightly said musician... I was in denial as well. I still cannot believe I will have a big scar in the middle of my chest in few weeks. I never had any illness except rare cold/cough. However, this is the chance that is given to us due to so much medical/technical advancements. Do I want to not go through this at all??? Oh yeah. Do I have a choice? No. So why bother. Get on the flight and land on the other side.

Dustin,
I'm glad your date is set.. I think it's just nice to know and start getting ready. July is a good month. My date is July 13th.. it's funny to think how from now on that date will take on a whole new meaning. :rolleyes: :)
Okay, a week from this Tuesday!
God Bless,
Deana

Hey Dustin....Your miracle will happen....You will wake up without a diseased valve....that day is July 19...the day after surgery! No more diseased valve. Gone...kaput! You will be a new man! Enjoy your soon-to-be new lease on life!
Debbi

Just curious..

Just curious..

Hey Dustin, since I am from The Netherlands (Holland) I am just curious where your surgery will take place and who your surgeon is? Are you able to stay in Groningen, or will you have to travel to one of the bigger cities like Rotterdam, or Amsterdam, just to name two?

Wishing you well my friend.

Christina said:
Hey Dustin, since I am from The Netherlands (Holland) I am just curious where your surgery will take place and who your surgeon is? Are you able to stay in Groningen, or will you have to travel to one of the bigger cities like Rotterdam, or Amsterdam, just to name two?

Wishing you well my friend.

Hi Christine!

My AVR will take place in the Amsterdam Medical Centre ("Het AMC"), where my cardioligist and surgeon have close links with the Texas Heart Institute with regards to the ON-X. So I'll be in capable hands. :)

Cheerio,

The 18th

The 18th

Good luck for the 18th. I hope all goes well on the day and look forward to hearing from you on the other side. I know what you mean by you hope the day never comes and it is all some kind of dream. I can tell you from personal experience once you are fully recovered from surgery you will not realise how much the bad valve had been impacting you and how much energy you will have. :)

Good-luck on the 18th. I know what you mean about hoping that the problem would fix itself. Up until surgery I still couldn't quite believe this was happening to me - after every medical appointment, etc., I would think 'do I really have to do this? Isn't there some other way?' But at one week post-op, I have to say that for me, OHS has been not nearly as debilitating as I had feared, and I am really looking forward to being able to experience life with a healthy functioning heart again. I wish the same for you, a smooth sailing surgery and recovery and a healthy functioning heart. I'll be thinking of you on the 18th.:)

Liz

Latest posts

Back