curry

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here - you can make your own curry.

* 2 tablespoons whole cumin seeds, toasted
* 2 tablespoons whole cardamom seeds, toasted
* 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds, toasted
* 1/4 cup ground turmeric
* 1 tablespoon dry mustard
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

Directions

Place all ingredients in a container with an airtight lid. Shake to combine. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. When ready to use, grind and add to dishes according to taste.

I use an electric coffee grinder to grind spices.

Hi Karlynn,

Thanks for posting the curry mix...I shall try it, as I have not found good curry since we moved to our new area. I, too, use my coffee grinder to grind spices.:)

Hi ChoDoufu,

Thanks for sharing your adventures in China with us! You've got a great sense of humor, and can do attitude. I have one question. Is that a photo of your little dog?

Check out Chai. Chai is also a blend of spices and roots. Did not think I would be able to drink it without effecting my INR.

My 'genetic' predis to higher cholesteral is there, but no longer out of range. No meds, just one cup of Tazo Chai which is a concentrate you mix with skim milk and heat. Very tasty. At Starbucks, it's a non fat Chai Tea Latte. The cholesteral reduction was by shear luck. Noticed when I stopped drinkng it for the summer..had an out of range reading for the fall. So I continue on and stay off the nasty drugs. Only downfall, it's very addicting!

ps...here is a link.
http://www.starbucksstore.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=623300

I hadn't heard that Gina. Very interesting. Did you know that it was suspected of lowering cholesterol?

Since we are on the topic of lowering cholesterol, my sister had a fairly high cholesterol result on two different occasions. After the second, her doctor prescribed medicine, which she took for the first month, but didn't refill, thinking she would adjust her diet. She didn't. Six months later she went to the doctor for something unrelated and he did another cholesterol test. This one was in range. The only major change she had made to her diet was that she had gotten "addicted" to Simply Limeade and had been drinking it almost every day. So she continues to drink it and has never had another high test. It could be pure coincidence, but you never know.

Karlynn, it was just an obsevation on my behalf.

I think we could start our very own study right vr! Of course, I would want royalties from TAZO, lol.

My breakfast consisits of the TAZO Chai with skim milk and one Activia. I think the dairy alone could have something to do with it. Combo is key. If I am away, do seek out the nearest Starbucks!

Interesting, simply Limeaid. Her story is similar to mine Lisa. I never did fill the RX though. For a 215, not too conerned about it. I eat low fat most of the time. Never had issues with cholesteral or weight until after surgery. Do blame it on that!

Latest posts

Back