Countdown to first visit with surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noel

It is now three days and counting...after numerous calls and visits to get all the records they have asked for...the list of questions made...we hope we are ready. Echo will be at 11:15 on Friday morning and see the surgeon at 12:30. Anxious to have his opinion.

You should both feel much better after you see the surgeon, get all your questions answered and have a definite plan in place. Somehow, I think the uncertainty and waiting is much worse. Best wishes to you and we look forward to hearing how it all goes.

I agree with Phyllis . . . waiting to hear the surgeon's take on the situation is very hard, and there is a certain amount of relief in receiving a definitive answer either one way or another.
How far a drive is it and are his offices on the UAB campus?

Good luck on Friday. I'm sure meeting the surgeon will help ease the pressure. I never met mine until the day before surgery and was relieved that he was courteous, honest and straight-forward. I hope you have the same excellent experience.

I agree - the meeting with the surgeon was a relief. He confirmed what the cardio had been saying, and was very convincing in his confidence that he could perform the surgery successfully

How far a drive is it and are his offices on the UAB campus?His offices are in the Kirkland Building adjacent to UAB...which from our home is about a 45 minute drive if no traffic tie-ups.

Latest posts

Back