Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 2-1

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooker

Cooker

Don't know that question..from this Southern Baptist..:D But maybe the Ref knows......I'm not giving up my okra .No way..boiled or fried..:D ..Gumbo..Yummy...Bonnie

Granbonny said:
Don't know that question..from this Southern Baptist..:D But maybe the Ref knows......I'm not giving up my okra .No way..boiled or fried..:D ..Gumbo..Yummy...Bonnie

I am as southern as they get and I just never could warm up to okra?..boiled, fried, gumbo, soup, pickled?.you name it.

And as long as we are here?..is there any food that you just can not stand???

There's no rule that says you have to give up anything. It's merely a tradition that one should make some sort of sacrifice. Some are into self-flagellation, sack cloth and ashes, some feel the need to give up a favorite food or activity. The key though is to give up something that is going to be a sacrifice. For instance at least once in her life every catholic woman will attempt to go 40 days without chocolate. They never try it twice.

RobHol said:
Okra is a Southern delicacy -- yum! :)

About the only food SUPERBOB can't stand is (ugh!) beets.

I like beets (cold/pickled) my wife hates them. I hate okra, my wife loves it. We have okra a couple of times a month but no beets.......I think I should just keep my mouth shut and be thankful okra is not a weekly dish:eek: ...Being the southern gentleman that I am I eat what is prepared;) :) :p

Well so much for giving up chocolate for Lent:eek: Boy did the Chimp ever have a chocolate attack today:eek: :eek: ....The Chimp would be too embarrassed to reveal the full extent of his backsliding:eek: :eek: atonement......fruit salad for supper:(

In my younger days as a good Catholic girl I frequently obeyed the Lenten sacrifice...however in all my 43 years I dont recall ever hearing of anyone taking up something that would be good for the 40 days.

The food I absolutely cannot eat is Liver, kidney and any other type of similar offal...YUKKK!!!

Chocolates

Chocolates

Feel sorry for you chocolates addicts.:eek: Every store I walk in..has the HUGE display of Valentine chocolates...stuck right in the front door.:p Just close your eyes and bypass them..:D .....Bonnie

Latest posts

Back