Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 1-4

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
151 - no gain throughout the holidays! Yea!!!!!!

Now back to the grindstone.

Hey Losers,
If I look very carefully, I think I can actually see that the scale says I'm down 1 lb. I'm pretty sure that's what it says but I'm going to re-check it tomorrow, just b/c it's been a very long time since I've even made an attempt at losing. I'm headed towards the double nickel and I don't expect to lose it all in one week or possibly even two, but it's huge that the losing has begun.
Weigh to go for all of us to be doing it!
heartfelt

down 2 lbs

down 2 lbs

From 171.5 to 169.5. Well the first weigh in I was fully clothed. But I did have a hot fudge bronnie with ice cream for lunch on Thursday, my weakness. That should compensate for the cloths. A step in the right direction. I hope next week brings all of us losers good luck.

Superbob - upon seeing your new personal trainer - I was wondering if you could share your training routine?

Karlynn said:
Superbob - upon seeing your new personal trainer - I was wondering if you could share your training routine?

Sorry, SB's precise training regimen must remain confidential. However, he has determined that scones are not No. 1 for training purposes. ;)

We are reporting late.

I am unchanged from my last weigh in, which was Tuesday (first day I could build up the nerve). That morning we went to a New Year's Breakfast party and were served cranberry orange scones. Of course we ate one in honor of Superbob. We deemed it our throw down duty. Now who we were honoring when we ate the biscuit and gravy, I don't know; you'll have to speak up.

Cindy says that she is up this week and trying to get back on track.

Okay, the diuretic didn't work. :mad: I don't know how to explain it. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I cry foul play! :mad: I weighed on Thursday, just to see where I was. I was 132 (up one pound from the previous weigh-in, but not terrible). Then Friday morning I weigh and it reads 135 :eek: ! Not fair in the least! I did nothing to deserve this, that I can tell. I've even walked 4x this week, and did palates. Last night I was playing with a 5 year old (who decided I was her personal jungle gym) and I KNOW I burned quite a few calories that way. Unfortunately, the scale STILL reads 135. I feel so frustrated. If I knew the cause I wouldn't be so upset. It's that the pounds slipped by me without warning. I don't get it.

I do realize I'm not getting my usual activity, since I'm not at work. However, I do not think I've been "lazy" enough to warrant a 4 pound increase! :mad: Something must be done.

Niki,

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your dedication will pay off over time. The readings on my scale are not pleasing right now either, and I still have trouble avoiding the late-night snacking. But we'll all get going in the right direction again soon. :)

OK gang. I'm ready to join this adventure and see if I can lose some poundage. I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member who doesn't feel like paying - which I would have to for some time based on my goal and where I am at. Here are the dirty details:

Today's weigh in: 146.5 :)o )

MaryC said:
OK gang. I'm ready to join this adventure and see if I can lose some poundage. I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member who doesn't feel like paying - which I would have to for some time based on my goal and where I am at. Here are the dirty details:

Today's weigh in: 146.5 :)o )

Welcome to the Throw Down Mary!!!! The more the merrier!!!!!

My hearty congrats to those who managed to maintain or even lose weight over the holidays. I, alas, am not one of you :( . After 5 days spent strapped to a floating all-you-can-eat (and drink) buffet, I am depressed to report a two pound gain. I didn't weigh in last Friday because I was on the cruise and incommunicado, so my last weigh-in weight was from two weeks ago.

Originally weighed: 179
Last weighed: 153
Weighed Friday: 155

Better luck next week, fellow gainers!:)

PJ - I think that ONLY a 2 lb gain is a success for this time of year, particularly while strapped to your floating buffet!

I agree with Karlynn...PJ congrats on managing to keep the gain down to a mere 2lbs.

The hot weather is giving me some bloating/water issues...thankfully though my weight is remaing fairly steady @ around 155-160lbs which isnt that bad for my height but could I could do with a little toning up and less belly-fat. I am not ready to write it off to the middle-aged-spread theory yet :eek: .....

As part of my new-year thingy I am bringing my pedometer out of retirement so I can monitor my activity levels properly instead of just guesstimating...

Its great to see that everyone has maintained their enthusiasm over the festive season and no-one seems to have fallen badly off the wagon yet.

SUPERBOB is amazed -- maybe his superpowers have returned. :) Yesterday, his wife insisted on buying chips, and she fixed chips and dip for the NFL playoffs. No lite receipes for her -- high-fat cream cheese and all the fixins. The Man of Steel is weak before a bowl of potato chips. He indulged heavily. :eek:

So SUPERBOB stepped on the scales this morning expecting the worst.

Result: Down 3 pounds since Friday's weigh-in!!!

Some of you are going to credit that new personal trainer. But I am afraid "the Ref" will accuse me of resorting to the PJ remedy. :p

Golly Gosh SuperBob...your superpowers have certainly returned if you have devoured a bowl of chips'n'dip and lost 3lbs...I am in awe!:D

aussigal said:
Golly Gosh SuperBob...your superpowers have certainly returned if you have devoured a bowl of chips'n'dip and lost 3lbs...I am in awe!:D
I want THAT super power! :D

Back