Cooker's ThrowDown Friday... 8-22-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings ThrowDowners:D ... We are starting the last week of the 2007-2008 ThrowDown ..Sort of like the last leg of a relay:D ... Wishing you all a great week and great success in the 2008-2009 ThrowDown!! ... I am down one this week and have stepped up the exercise to levels never seen before by this Chimp. I thought I would have been down a bit more but I have found that exercise seems to give me the green light to snack a bit more:eek: ... I need to change that but all things in time ... Have a great day!!!!

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................213
This week....................212
Weekly Change............ -1
Total Loss......................21

I thought I would have been down a bit more but I have found that exercise seems to give me the green light to snack a bit more:eek: ... I need to change that but all things in time ...

You also have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat. You're probably building up some sexy simian legs! ;) I'd say a loss is fabulous...

I haven't looked at a scale all week so there's no telling. But if last night's gorging is any indication, I'm not going to like what I see tomorrow morning. :( The week of inservice before school starts is not a good week to lose weight. We all go out to eat too much because it's the last chance we'll get to actually eat lunch together!

You also have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat. You're probably building up some sexy simian legs! ;) I'd say a loss is fabulous...

I haven't looked at a scale all week so there's no telling. But if last night's gorging is any indication, I'm not going to like what I see tomorrow morning. :( The week of inservice before school starts is not a good week to lose weight. We all go out to eat too much because it's the last chance we'll get to actually eat lunch together!

LOL ... I know what you mean Niki ... DW says the same thing ... out to eat and food everywhere ... but I tell her that teachers don't get to go out much so enjoy it when you can!!! ... All that work in or married to someone who does will be back on track when the school year gets rolling!!!

Good job, Cooker!
Niki's prediction that you're building "sexy simian legs" makes me hope that it's warm when we meet in Gatlinburg; gotta see you in a pair of shorts!:D:D

I'm down a pound myself, so I'm not fussing!;)

Superbob is status quo, no change.

Guess that's not too bad since all he's been doing for exercise is throwing a ball to the dawgs, riding an exercise bike with no resistance and watching women's beach volleyball. :p;)

Good job Cooker and Mary. Superbob, staying the same right now is good; that beach volleyball might have kept you from gaining weight, you know with the raised heart rate and all ;).

This week's report for us:

CINDY (reporting for last two weeks):

Starting Weight: 170.4
Two Weeks Ago: 143.8
This Week: 140.6
Two Week Change: -3.2
Total Loss: -29.8

WISE:

Starting Weight: 204.8
Last Week: 178
This Week: 177.6
Weekly Change: -.4
Total Loss: -27.2

So, Cindy maintains the same lead over me in total weight loss. We both lost 3.2 in the last two weeks. I have my work cut out for me!

Last edited:
Greetings ThrowDowners:D ... We are starting the last week of the 2007-2008 ThrowDown ..Sort of like the last leg of a relay:D ... Wishing you all a great week and great success in the 2008-2009 ThrowDown!! ... I am down one this week and have stepped up the exercise to levels never seen before by this Chimp. I thought I would have been down a bit more but I have found that exercise seems to give me the green light to snack a bit more:eek: ... I need to change that but all things in time ... Have a great day!!!!

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................213
This week....................212
Weekly Change............ -1
Total Loss......................21

Cooker, keep in mind that activity level factors into your overall WW points. If you incorporate activity into your normal routine, you may need to recalculate your daily points. Your daily needs may have increased, thus the need for increased snacking. Just a thought.

I'm actually in the same spot as last week, 'cause I found the pound I had lost on Monday. Drat.
Someone please lock up the chocolate.

Cooker, keep in mind that activity level factors into your overall WW points. If you incorporate activity into your normal routine, you may need to recalculate your daily points. Your daily needs may have increased, thus the need for increased snacking. Just a thought.

Good "point":D .... I need to look into that ... also I guess I did do a little eating yesterday that I usually would not do.....:D

You may recall Mary read her crystal ball last week and said I was definately gonna have a loss this week ....well she was right!!!! I have lost 5 pounds...unfortunately there must have been a finger print smudge Marys' crystal ball because she didn't mention that I would spend 2 days feeling like "death warmed up" and hugging the porcelain potty to reach my goals :(...

I am happy to report that I am over that awful bug. My next job is to resume eating without piling back on the excess kilos that I flushed away ;). Hopefully I can resist the carbohydrates calling me and work on this litle jump-start and reach my goal of a flatter belly and slimmer thighs for Summer.:D.

Well done to the gang...Cindy and Wise looks like you two have a winning team there. Well Done on your efforts! I'm sure teaming up with a housemate helps heaps! That reminds me, they are doing pairs/couples on "The biggest Loser" in Aus. next season (I love that show!).

Its funny you know...I hated being the weight I am today on the way up the scales but on the way down I am rejoicing! :confused:...weird huh!? I am thinking I may be more grateful and accepting of my curves afterall.

You may recall Mary read her crystal ball last week and said I was definately gonna have a loss this week ....well she was right!!!! I have lost 5 pounds...unfortunately there must have been a finger print smudge Marys' crystal ball because she didn't mention that I would spend 2 days feeling like "death warmed up" and hugging the porcelain potty to reach my goals :(...

I am happy to report that I am over that awful bug. My next job is to resume eating without piling back on the excess kilos that I flushed away ;). Hopefully I can resist the carbohydrates calling me and work on this litle jump-start and reach my goal of a flatter belly and slimmer thighs for Summer.:D.

Well done to the gang...Cindy and Wise looks like you two have a winning team there. Well Done on your efforts! I'm sure teaming up with a housemate helps heaps! That reminds me, they are doing pairs/couples on "The biggest Loser" in Aus. next season (I love that show!).

Its funny you know...I hated being the weight I am today on the way up the scales but on the way down I am rejoicing! :confused:...weird huh!? I am thinking I may be more grateful and accepting of my curves afterall.

Hi Ton .... sorry you were sick ,,, sounds like you need to replenish your fluids .... but I will take a loss where I can get it ... almost:)

Ton, I'm glad that you had a loss this week, but am not glad about how it happened. Now that you're feeling better maybe you can hold on to some of this unsolicited weight loss.

I know what you mean about liking the same weight better on the way back down. Been there, doing that!

I'm down .6 this week. I fought hard for it all week after weighing in +1 at WW on Tuesday. Saturday I'm going to Long Island for a wedding, the likes of which can gain you 4 or 5 lbs just by walking in the door. We'll see what happens.

I didn't weigh this morning. Didn't want to depress myself before going in to work. I'll do it tomorrow when I can wallow a bit. ;) Or go out and exercise. :rolleyes:

Ton, I'm so sorry you were sick. Hope you continue to feel better and also keep that weight off.

Sumo, excellent job! Slow and steady. If only I could do that in the right direction! ;)

Agility, congratulations on breaking even! I'm fairly certain I'm going to be up. I just FEEL heavier. :( I know it's all the eating out I've done this week, but I can't resist going with the other teachers to have a chance to socialize! :eek: At least two of the times I had soup and salad?

Cindy and Wise, great job!!! You both are really doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work. I'm sure it's very helpful to have your spouse to "compete" against for added incentive.

Superbob, status quo is good. Better than being "up, up, and away" like some of us. ;)

Mary, congratulations on losing that pound. I'm sorry to say I doubt your prediction from last week will come true. :( But thanks for trying! ;)

Off to work. I'll be sure to weigh in tomorrow morning, even though I'm dreading it immensely!

Ton,
Next time I will have to fine tune my crystal ball for a more complete picture of what your predicted weight loss will entail!:eek: I guess it's a matter of love the loss, hate the method!:eek:

Niki, my crystal ball thinks you have nothing to fear, but it's unwilling to commit if you wait until tomorrow to weigh . . . it only has a 24 hour window of opportunity!:D

Jack, way to go! If you were up a pound, but managed to drop down since Tuesday, that's really good! I wish you well over the week-end.:)

Agility Dog, staying the same can be a Good thing. Congratulations!

And Wise and Cindy, you both are doing a fantastic job! I wish I was losing at the rate you are. Maybe this week?

SuperBob, keep on, keeping on!

I'm holding steady - which is okay right now. Overall, I'm down about 5 pounds from my original TD starting weight. Considering it's been a YEAR, that sounds horrible! But I'm fighting that pre-menopausal weight gain thing and it's kickin' my @$$!

Thanks to SB and his mentioning of Breyers Sugar-Free ice cream (it's called Breyer's Carb Smart here) I've discovered my new sinful treat that really isn't sinful - but tastes like it is! Breyers SF icecream and Mugs diet Root Beer (extremely cold) for a rootbeer float!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing great - hey - we're still here aren't we - which means we haven't given up!

Ton - please feel better soon. And drink drink drink those fluids!!!

I'm holding steady - which is okay right now. Overall, I'm down about 5 pounds from my original TD starting weight. Considering it's been a YEAR, that sounds horrible! But I'm fighting that pre-menopausal weight gain thing and it's kickin' my @$$!

Thanks to SB and his mentioning of Breyers Sugar-Free ice cream (it's called Breyer's Carb Smart here) I've discovered my new sinful treat that really isn't sinful - but tastes like it is! Breyers SF icecream and Mugs diet Root Beer (extremely cold) for a rootbeer float!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing great - hey - we're still here aren't we - which means we haven't given up!

Ton - please feel better soon. And drink drink drink those fluids!!!

Karlynn, Breyers Carb Smart has been a staple food for me since I really started losing weight. I either have the chocolate or butter pecan, or both :eek:, almost every day. :D

Ice-cream is a weaakness of mine and we have a yummy alternative here in the form of Weiss Mango something!...its more of a gelato so its not a dairy product and therefore score nil on the fat/cholesterol tables YAY!...its way expensive but oh so sweet and you just need to slowly lick away at 1 scoop to enjoy the delightful taste of fresh frozen mango! Regular ice-creams were killing my Cholesterol numbers...

Thanks for the well-wishes...I am feeling better everyday and I slosh when I walk from all the water and iced teas! Sweet food still tastes like Cr@p which I 'spose is really a good thing! I am rejoicing and crossing my fingers 'cos the 4 pounds is still off!

Ice-cream is a weaakness of mine and we have a yummy alternative here in the form of Weiss Mango something!...its more of a gelato so its not a dairy product and therefore score nil on the fat/cholesterol tables YAY!...its way expensive but oh so sweet and you just need to slowly lick away at 1 scoop to enjoy the delightful taste of fresh frozen mango! Regular ice-creams were killing my Cholesterol numbers...

Thanks for the well-wishes...I am feeling better everyday and I slosh when I walk from all the water and iced teas! Sweet food still tastes like Cr@p which I 'spose is really a good thing! I am rejoicing and crossing my fingers 'cos the 4 pounds is still off!

The Chinese buffet we went to last night had a REAL soft serve machine (ice cream)... no more needs to be said:eek:

Latest posts

Back