Cooker's Throwdown Friday . . . 12-13-13

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ann, I did receive the vaccination, but it was several years after my first outbreak. I've suffered with it for probably the past 15 years. I take an antiviral medicine daily to prevent outbreaks, but if my immune system is weakened by stress, lack of sleep, illness, I have trouble fighting it off. I'm feeling better today, so maybe I've won this round.

Glad that you aren't having the full blown. Maybe it won't upset your Christmas.

Superbob, we get to that point where things change. I used to go dancing 3 times a week and now have trouble walking! Mother always said gettin old is hell. So don't do it.

Glad that you aren't having the full blown. Maybe it won't upset your Christmas.

Superbob, we get to that point where things change. I used to go dancing 3 times a week and now have trouble walking! Mother always said gettin old is hell. So don't do it.

Yep, but we keep doing what we can do -- beats the alternative! :D

Glad you're feeling better Mary.

Now what kind of fool joins WW in the middle of cookies and egg nog season? Yes, your one and only SB -- I have started tracking what I have eaten, and looks like I can still have some dinner. I even have a weight goal set for me -- which is probably just what I need. Will they send someone out to kick my fat fanny too? :tongue2:

I'm so glad that you joined, Superbob. I was a member a few years back but I did it online and weighed in at the meeting place every week. I really liked keeping track of my points (do they still count points) and probably lost 10 pounds. Unfortunately I decided that I could do it on my own and dropped out while the weight dropped in.

I'm so glad that you joined, Superbob. I was a member a few years back but I did it online and weighed in at the meeting place every week. I really liked keeping track of my points (do they still count points) and probably lost 10 pounds. Unfortunately I decided that I could do it on my own and dropped out while the weight dropped in.

Yerp, they still do the points -- basic points and then "splurge" points. I'm in process of learning the system (not to say trying to beat it)….trying the "online for men" …. maybe I will shift to meetings later on. I like tracking on puter, and would track on smartphone too if I didn't have a dumb phone. :tongue2: Maybe I need an iPhone now? :D

Superbob is trackin', baby. Watch out for a Throwdown competition soon. Anybody want a Race to New Year's Day? :tongue2: Oh how about to Saint Paddy's Day?

You're on trackin' SB, hehe. The thing that helps me the most is the splurge points 'cause to me that always involves sugar. I have a few pieces of chocolate every day so that I don't feel deprived!

Cindy is down 1.8 this week for a total of 8 something since starting WW. I'm down 1.6 this week for a total of 13.4 since starting WW and down 17.1 for the year.

Cindy is down 1.8 this week for a total of 8 something since starting WW. I'm down 1.6 this week for a total of 13.4 since starting WW and down 17.1 for the year.

WOW! Well, Ann is right -- some of us are on track -- Wise & Cindy. We shall see in 2014 if Superbob can live up to their example! YAY, WISE & CINDY!

We're going to an Italian restaurant for our 24th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Bad news is, it is pricey. Good news is, apparently the portions border on small. I normally like to get my money's worth, but I hope to not use all of my "splurge" points on this one meal. Christmas at Cindy's mothers will be almost a repeat of Thanksgiving, so I'm not too afraid of it since it's not my favorite foods. This gathering usually has elements of stress. If I can not react to the stress by eating too much sugar, I will be happy.

I set my WW goal with my doctor. The weight chart that WW uses to determine "legal" goal weights shows un upper range that is too low for me. So, I have just over 12 pounds left to lose before I reach my goal weight. I am very pleased that I'm going in that direction now!

We're going to an Italian restaurant for our 24th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Bad news is, it is pricey. Good news is, apparently the portions border on small. I normally like to get my money's worth, but I hope to not use all of my "splurge" points on this one meal. Christmas at Cindy's mothers will be almost a repeat of Thanksgiving, so I'm not too afraid of it since it's not my favorite foods. This gathering usually has elements of stress. If I can not react to the stress by eating too much sugar, I will be happy.

I set my WW goal with my doctor. The weight chart that WW uses to determine "legal" goal weights shows un upper range that is too low for me. So, I have just over 12 pounds left to lose before I reach my goal weight. I am very pleased that I'm going in that direction now!
Congrats on your upcoming anniversary and congrats on your excellent WW results !

Latest posts

Back