Contract SIGNED ... my radio shows in April

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last CD SHOWCASE is history ... unless, of course, I get sponsors to help with the costs so I CAN continue broadcasting.... If you know of someone or a company who might be interested in sponsorship, Email me ... WRMNSHOWCASE [@] AOL.COM!

In the meantime, THANK YOU to ALL who listened and sent Emails to me before/during/after this and every show ... I hope you enjoyed what you heard!

Stephen (TriplePlate/CarNuts.us) recorded the April 20 and April 27 shows...so, if you are interested in hearing them, let me know.

_NOTES FROM FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2007_

COMMENTS:

Anthony...ACHA...Pittsburgh PA: "Sounding good and I am listening...nice way to start off my birthday which is tomorrow!!!!"

OldDood...GMI...Michigan: "I am not a big country fan...but these are good ones. That is what is neat...hearing well placed songs and cutting through the 'crap'."

BigCarman...ChevyTalk.org...Tucson AZ: "I'm listening. Bring back the childhood memories."

John...El Camino Mailing List...St Charles IL: "Cindy & I are Listening right now Cort. Great job. Interesting Mix of current and classic. Definitely a 'Road Feel'. Hope you get to continue to do what you love."

Jared...FGMC/MMG...Anderson SC: "Finally able to listen to your show, man I been missing all of these good old songs. Awesome Show."

Eddie...TGMCC/MCSS...Stafford VA: "Doing a fine job so far, I was in a grouchy mood, but your music seemed to calm me down."

Sean...TGMCC...Pennsylvania: "You are doing great. Keep up the great job!!!"

Dave/twomanymontes...several Monte Carlo-related boards...New York: "I liked the intros you did. I hope you get some sponsorship."

Stephen M...TriplePlate/Carnuts.us...Olney MD: "You're coming in loud and clear here.... My wife and I are running around the house getting ready for some family that's coming to visit, so we'll be away from the computer from time to time, but we're happily taping away ... Thanks for the memories."

Pete/Leadfoote...RDN...Australia: "I finally got the time difference worked out ......you're comin' through loud n clear mate."

Angela...Wisconsin: "You sound like you are having fun!"

Donna...Elgin IL: "I hope your broadcasts have been all you hoped they would be. Best wishes."

Aunt Marian (Email to Mom & Dad)...near Pittsburgh/Johnstown PA: "Just want you to know that we heard Cort on the radio via computer Friday night. Was good to hear his voice and he sounded good. Keep up the good work, Cort."

ALSO RECEIVED EMAILS FROM:

Ray B...El Camino ML; chevyasylum.com...Utah

Craig...MonteCraig from various MC-related boards...Colorado

Michael B...MC Mailing List...Oklahoma (formerly in Texas)

JLB...RacingOne...Tennessee

Jamie/SouthernDirtRacing...RacingOne

Michelle...achaheart.org...Michigan

Jeff...Vocal Chaos; co-worker at Weber-Stephen Products Co...Illinois

Ann...Weber-Stephen Products Co...Illinois

Melissa...former co-worker at Chase Insurance...Illinois

PLAYLIST, FRIDAY 04/27/2007

[Artist ... 'Song Title' ... debut date, weeks on chart, top #, other info]

7:30p-8:30p central

David Frizzell & Shelly West ... 'You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma' ... 1/17/81, 17, #1
Johnny Duncan ... 'Slow Dancing' ... 2/24/79, 14, #6 [#10 pop hit for Johnny Rivers, 1977]
Amy Grant ... 'Baby Baby'
Hank Williams Jr ... 'Born To Boogie' ... 6/13/87, 20, #1
Travis Tritt ... 'Anymore' ... 9/14/91, 20, 2 wks @ #1
Bellamy Brothers ... 'Rebels Without A Clue' ... 9/3/88, 19, #9
Patty Loveless ... 'Blame It On Your Heart' ... 4/13/93, 20, 2 wks @ #1
Patty Loveless ... 'Timber I'm Falling In Love' ... 5/27/89, 20, #1 [her 1st #1 hit]
Mark Chestnut ... 'I'll Think Of Something' ... 6/13/92, 20, #1
Richard Marx ... 'Endless Summer Nights' ... these are just around the corner!
Jerry Reed ... 'East Bound & Down' ... 8/13/77, 15, 2 wks @ #2 [from movie, "Smokey and The Bandit"]
Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers ... 'Broken Lady' ... 12/27/75, 19, #5
Savage Garden ... 'Crash & Burn' ... [for Angela]
Statler Brothers ... 'The Class of 57' ... 8/19/72, 15, #6

8:30p-9:30p central

Statler Brothers ... 'Hello Mary Lou' ... 11/20/85, 20, #3 [#9 pop hit for Rickey Nelson, 1961]
Dwight Yoakum ... 'A Thousand Miles From Nowhere' ... 6/26/93, 20, #2
Lorrie Morgan ... 'Dear Me' ... 4/15/89, 22, #9
Tanya Tucker ... 'What's Your Mama's Name?' ... 3/24/73, 17, #1 [her 1st #1 hit]
Fastball ... 'The Way'
Crystal Gayle ... 'If You Ever Change Your Mind' ... 9/13/80, 18, #1
Johnny Cash ... 'Ring Of Fire' ... 6/8/63, 26, 7 wks #1
Reba McEntire ... 'And Still' ... 5/7/95, 20, #2
Reba McEntire ... 'Fancy' ... 3/2/91, 20, #8
Blake Shelton ... 'Austin' [for Mom]
Michael Bolton ... 'Steel Bars'
Robert Ellis Orrall ... 'A Little Bit Of Her Love' ... 3/20/93, 20, #31 [used his most-popular hit "Boom! It Was Over" as last year's last song]
Tim McGraw ... 'Maybe We Should Just Sleep On It' ... 10/12/96, 20, #4
Air Supply ... 'Every Woman In The World' [for Melissa from Chase Insurance]

9:30p-10:30p central

Vocal Chaos ... BoDeans' "Good Things" ... Chicagoland IL-based a cappella group, who celebrated 10 years together in 2006; Jeff from Weber-Stephen Products Co is a member
The Jukes ... "Barbara Ann" ... Jackson TN-based a cappella group; Manchester College friend Kevin was a member
Carrie Underwood ... 'Before He Cheats' ... American Idol winner
Better Than Ezra ... 'Extra Ordinary'
Juice Newton ... 'Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me' ... 5/22/82, 10, #30 [#7 on the pop charts]
Michael W Smith ... 'Friends'
Jimmie Rodgers ... 'Honeycomb' ... 10/14/57, 13, #7 [4 wks @ #1 on the pop charts]
Ronnie Milsap ... 'Smokey Mountain Rain' ... 10/11/80, 14, #1
Ronnie Milsap ... 'A Woman In Love' ... 9/3/89, 26, 2 wks @ #1
Annie Lennox ... 'Little Bird'
JoDee Messina ... 'Heads Carolina, Tails California' ... 1/27/96, 20, #2
9 Days ... 'Good Friend'
Rebecca Lynn Howard ... 'Forgive'
Barbara Mandrell ... 'Sleeping Single In A Double Bed' ... 9/9/78, 15, 3 wks @ #1

10:30p-11:30p central

Barbara Mandrell ... 'Fooled By A Feeling' ... 8/11/79, 14, #4
Rascal Flatts ... 'Life Is A Highway' ... from the movie, "Cars" [for Dad]
Lonestar ... 'What About Now?' ... [travel theme ... I love road trips!]
Taylor Dayne ... 'I'll Be Your Shelter'
Moe Bandy/Joe Stampley ... 'Roll On Big Mama'
Waylon Jennings ... 'Theme From The Dukes Of Hazzard (Good Ol Boys)' ... 8/23/80, 17, #1 [for sister and bro-in-law]
Rod Stewart ... 'The Motown Song'
George Strait ... 'The Chair' ... 9/21/85, 22, #1
George strait ... 'Easy Come, Easy Go' ... 8/1/93, 20, 2 wks #1
Bonnie Raitt ... 'Something To Talk About' [for Heather]
John Mayer ... 'Route 66' ... from the movie, "Cars"
Marty Robbins ... 'El Paso' ... 11/9/59, 26, 7 wks @ #1 [2 wks #1 on pop charts]
The Judds ... 'I Know Where I'm Going' ... 5/9/87, 19, #1
Tammy Wynette ... 'Stand By Your Man' ... 10/19/68, 21, 3 wks @ #1
Steve Wariner ... 'Why Goodbye' ... 4/7/84, 18, #12 [debuted a couple months before the "Sandberg Game", 6/23/84, in which Chicago Cubs' Ryne Sandberg hit 2 Home Runs off St Louis Cardinals (and former Chicago Cubs) closer, Bruce Sutter; a couple ValveReplacement members are Cardinals fans]

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I hope life will treat you kind" ... Dolly Parton ... 'I Will Always Love You'

Remember the book that contrasted "fortunately" and "unfortunately"? Well, here is another contrast....

Unfortunately, a few of the people and businesses I've contacted about possible sponsorships have decided to NOT sponsor the show. So, I'm still looking for sponsors. I am NOT looking to make money; I don't want the sponsors to pay all of the fees ... just part of them. I have a few ideas for ways to get the companies' message(s) across ... and have a little fun at the same time.

FORTUNATELY, I have the recordings that Stephen (tripleplate.com/carnuts.us) did of the radio shows ... part of April 6 and all of April 20 and 27. While I haven't decided on the best way to distribute copies ... if anyone is interested in receiving a FREE copy of any or all of these, please advise me.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Chances that a fool takes, never knowing when to stop" ... Johnny Lee ... 'You Could've Heard A Heart Break'

Latest posts

Back