Cold one week out

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponytaila1a

I am scheduled for next Tuesday. My restricted meds list says to stop over the counter cold medicine 5 days prior. Any ideas? At what point do I consider postponing? Already re-scheduled one time (surgeon conflict of schedule)

I would go ahead and contact your Dr's. now. They may want to put you on some antibiotics. If it settles in your chest, I would bet they will want to postpone. Hopefully, it will get better before next week so you can get on to living your life.

Kim

How bad a cold? Do you usually shake them off easily? Sore throat?
I would definitely wait until at least Friday to see how you are feeling.

Good luck. Hope you shake it off quickly and don't have to reschedule.
Don't have to suggest you take pampering care of yourself, drink loads of fluids, follow the guidelines given you for over the counter meds.

Sending good healing thoughts your way.

Contact you doctor now. They said over the counter medicine, but like kfay said; "They may want to put you on some antibiotics." I wish you the best of luck knocking this cold out in time. Good Luck & God Bless! :)

personnaly i would want to go into surgery when my time comes in as good a condition as possible so would talk to the doctors ASAP

Thanks for the best wishes....called the office....they seemed to think I could shake it off in a week. Felt antibiotics would be "overkill"...I am drinking the fluids (water and juice, not what I would like to drink about now!)....and trying to stay warm and dry....
I guess I will call them back on Friday. Does anyone know who would make the decision to wait? The patient? the surgeon?

Latest posts

Back