Cold and chills

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRM-Mom

Hi,
I am just over 9 mos. post surgery and have been doing great. I am cold alot and sometimes I get chills that go through my whole body for hours. Does this sound like a side effect from meds? I am on metoprolo 50 mg. twice a day and the cardio just reduced it to half. I am also tired alot and he said that was from the metoprolol.
Thanks,
CRM-mom

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what I was told about metoprolol is that this drug helps the heart to heal and therefore kinda restricts the heart from bumping past a speed/limit. "Restrict" is the wrong word - it prevents the heart from beating too fast. I know while I was on it I got tried very quickly and was wiped out for the rest of the day.

I know its hard, but try to take a slower pace when doing things - like doing stairs and walking.
Thank goodness I am no longer on it.
Good Luck and hopefully like myself you'll soon be of it too. :)

Chills Stuff

Chills Stuff

I can't do metoprolol due to allergy issues, but at almost two years post-op, I still get the chill thing from time to time.

In the months following surgery, my cardiolgist indicated that my chills and the night sweat thing, which has been a topic on the forum from time to time, was my body's way of trying to get rid of the meds from the surgery. They do pump you full of lots of chemicals for OHS.

He doesn't think the chills I sometimes get now are related to heart or medication stuff. We may never know.

-Philip

Hi Barb,

Since MVR I experience the chills you explained. They come on unexpectedly (comfortable one minute, chilled the next). It's perplexing I know. Possibly to do with ACT.

Anyway, I find warm blankets wonderful.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back