CoaguChek S - unscrupulous sellers?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protimenow

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I have a CoaguChek S meter, and I've posted a few times about the fact that it's been discontinued; Roche will stop supporting it in November; no strips will be available (or will work with this meter) after next April; and it isn't supposed to be sold to self-testers.

In spite of this, I'm seeing ads on eBay for these meters that will have no value a year or so from now.

I hate to see people being cheated.

What I'm thinking of doing is listing my meter for sale on eBay - with a description that clearly points out these serious weaknesses and the mistake that anyone purchasing this meter will be making. The idea is, of course, not to sell the meter (although one of the dishonest sellers may buy mine just to shut me up), but to let people considering an
'S' to think again.

I can't really think of a better way to stop these unscrupulous or dishonest or just plain ignorant sellers from taking advantage of the unwitting or unknowing.

What do you think?

Sounds like a plan. Another would be to contact the vendors through eBay and ask them if they know . . . what you know. On some listings, the Q&A appear on the listing, which would help, regardless of the answer. It's possible that some of the vendors DON'T know, and would be willing to include the info in the listing.

BTW, what's the shelf life of the strips? There seem to be lots available for sale now.

Latest posts

Back